Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap Guru i3 v2 using Marlin 2.0.5.4 Firmware M109 issue

Posted by arvoboweniii 
RepRap Guru i3 v2 using Marlin 2.0.5.4 Firmware M109 issue
July 17, 2020 10:32AM
I recently upgraded from Marlin 1.1.6 to Marlin 2.0.5.4 to keep up with the times and move into the new firmware from a long-overdue upgrade. Everything seems to be working fine so far with the exception of the M109 command. It takes the printer MUCH longer to reach the correct extruder temp before it will continue. It's like the new firmware has issues staying close to the correct temp. There is a roughly +-5 degree difference when seeking the correct temp (my temp graph shows 175-185 with target temp of 180) shown on the image below.

Any ideas why the temp control is not as precise as it was in 1.1.6?

My old 1.1.6 config used the following config...
#define PIDTEMP
#define BANG_MAX 255 // limits current to nozzle while in bang-bang mode; 255=full current
#define PID_MAX BANG_MAX // limits current to nozzle while PID is active (see PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE below); 255=full current
#if ENABLED(PIDTEMP)
  //#define PID_AUTOTUNE_MENU // Add PID Autotune to the LCD "Temperature" menu to run M303 and apply the result.
  //#define PID_DEBUG // Sends debug data to the serial port.
  //#define PID_OPENLOOP 1 // Puts PID in open loop. M104/M140 sets the output power from 0 to PID_MAX
  //#define SLOW_PWM_HEATERS // PWM with very low frequency (roughly 0.125Hz=8s) and minimum state time of approximately 1s useful for heaters driven by a relay
  //#define PID_PARAMS_PER_HOTEND // Uses separate PID parameters for each extruder (useful for mismatched extruders)
                                  // Set/get with gcode: M301 E[extruder number, 0-2]
  #define PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE 10 // If the temperature difference between the target temperature and the actual temperature
                                  // is more than PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE then the PID will be shut off and the heater will be set to min/max.
  #define K1 0.95 //smoothing factor within the PID

// If you are using a pre-configured hotend then you can use one of the value sets by uncommenting it

// Ultimaker
  #define  DEFAULT_Kp 22.2
  #define  DEFAULT_Ki 1.08
  #define  DEFAULT_Kd 114

// MakerGear
  //#define  DEFAULT_Kp 7.0
  //#define  DEFAULT_Ki 0.1
  //#define  DEFAULT_Kd 12

// Mendel Parts V9 on 12V
  //#define  DEFAULT_Kp 63.0
  //#define  DEFAULT_Ki 2.25
  //#define  DEFAULT_Kd 440

#endif // PIDTEMP

And my new 2.0.5.4 config uses the following settings...
#define PIDTEMP
#define BANG_MAX 255     // Limits current to nozzle while in bang-bang mode; 255=full current
#define PID_MAX BANG_MAX // Limits current to nozzle while PID is active (see PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE below); 255=full current
#define PID_K1 0.95      // Smoothing factor within any PID loop
#if ENABLED(PIDTEMP)
  //#define PID_EDIT_MENU         // Add PID editing to the "Advanced Settings" menu. (~700 bytes of PROGMEM)
  //#define PID_AUTOTUNE_MENU     // Add PID auto-tuning to the "Advanced Settings" menu. (~250 bytes of PROGMEM)
  //#define PID_DEBUG             // Sends debug data to the serial port. Use 'M303 D' to toggle activation.
  //#define PID_OPENLOOP 1        // Puts PID in open loop. M104/M140 sets the output power from 0 to PID_MAX
  //#define SLOW_PWM_HEATERS      // PWM with very low frequency (roughly 0.125Hz=8s) and minimum state time of approximately 1s useful for heaters driven by a relay
  //#define PID_PARAMS_PER_HOTEND // Uses separate PID parameters for each extruder (useful for mismatched extruders)
                                  // Set/get with gcode: M301 E[extruder number, 0-2]
  #define PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE 10 // If the temperature difference between the target temperature and the actual temperature
                                  // is more than PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE then the PID will be shut off and the heater will be set to min/max.

// If you are using a pre-configured hotend then you can use one of the value sets by uncommenting it

// Ultimaker
  #define DEFAULT_Kp 22.2
  #define DEFAULT_Ki 1.08
  #define DEFAULT_Kd 114

// MakerGear
  //#define DEFAULT_Kp 7.0
  //#define DEFAULT_Ki 0.1
  //#define DEFAULT_Kd 12

// Mendel Parts V9 on 12V
  //#define DEFAULT_Kp 63.0
  //#define DEFAULT_Ki 2.25
  //#define DEFAULT_Kd 440

#endif // PIDTEMP

Re: RepRap Guru i3 v2 using Marlin 2.0.5.4 Firmware M109 issue
July 17, 2020 08:52PM
probably because you used pid tune on the old machine and saved the setting in eeprom, and lost them on the upgrade.

re-run pid tune [reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2020 12:06AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login