Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SKR 1.4 Turbo + TMC2130 SPI Prusa i3 MK3s Clone problem

Posted by Fuky 
SKR 1.4 Turbo + TMC2130 SPI Prusa i3 MK3s Clone problem
January 19, 2021 08:45AM
Hello, my name is Alex, I wanted to ask for help with the configuration of Marlin 2.0.7.2, build a Prusa I3 Mk3s clone, with SKR 1.4 turbo + TMC2130 SPI sensorless (1 driver for each X, Y, Z and E axis), (2 motors on axis Z with only 1 driver), (X_STALL_SENSITIVITY 12, Y_STALL_SENSITIVITY 10) (Probe with many STALL_SENSITIVITY values ​​and that value is the most useful)
I have the following problems:

1-From the pronterface or the LCD screen I can only do a successful homing, the second one fails, the motors only move very little and the home is wrong angry smiley

2- Step loss problems (configured with 800 mA each axis, the motors are 1.4 amp, 5.3 kg x cm torque). This is random, sometimes at the beginning, sometimes within 3 or 4 hours of printing.

3- Z wooble problem that did not appear with the same equipment and A4988 drivers on all axes moody smiley

4. Problems with adhesion to the hot bed (the bed works perfectly, I have the impression that the layer fan is too powerful, so I reduced the speed to 50%, with less warping, but there is still warping. If not Layer fan is turned on there is no warping

What drives me the most crazy are points 1, 2 and 3 (I think 4 can be corrected when I find the right value for the layer fan.

Can anybody help me?
Re: SKR 1.4 Turbo + TMC2130 SPI Prusa i3 MK3s Clone problem
March 07, 2021 06:03PM
Well I have been trying to fix some of the problems. Here is what I resolve (sorry for my english spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

1-I have successful homing every time I try!!! smileys with beer (with pronterface or LCD 2004). I set X_STALL_SENSITIVITY 12, Y_STALL_SENSITIVITY 12 (with 700 mA for X and Y) after trying a lot of faillure sets up

2- Step loss problems (configured with 700 mA each axis, the motors are 1.4 amp, 5.3 kg x cm torque). This is random, sometimes at the beginning, sometimes within 3 or 4 hours of printing: CAN´T FIX, no matter how much current I set up, maybe I need fan for the electronics (Prusa I3 Mk3s clone, with SKR 1.4 turbo + TMC2130 V3.0 SPI sensorless)

3- Z wooble problem: change the Z RODs, same result, I think it is more related with step loss in the X and Y axis (more X).

4. Warping problem and thermal runaway with fan part at 100% is better with 50% in the new PrusaSlicer 2.3.0... I think something was fix, but maybe the heater is wrong, if I use fan 100% I get Thermal runaway because the nozzle heater drops to 190ºC and can`t go to 210ºC... I try changing #define THERMAL_PROTECTION_PERIOD 150 and
#define THERMAL_PROTECTION_HYSTERESIS 10... but I feel it´s dangerous touching this numbers...

I read a lot of people describing same thing on github two years ago... I thought this was fixed in marlin... but maybe is just me and my setup...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login