X AND Y AXIS SHOW NEGATIVE NUMBERS
December 05, 2021 01:31PM
Hello,I am brand-new to this forum and 3d printing so if I am violating any protocols I apologize in advance. If my questions seem stupid , it comes with being brand-new.

I have an Anet a8 and the home-offset-routine does not work. This printer appears to feel my bed's left side is 20mm is closer than it is. I am unable to change the settings. After I do the auto-home-all routine and go to move the X axis the it starts showing a negative value . The y axis also shows a negative value. How do I delete these negative values. None of the tutorials on YouTube show negative value showing up for either the x or y axis.

While there has been no smoke or fire, this machine has endured a lot "beginner ophs" in its assembly. Before I starting replacing components, I would like to make sure there is no another route.

Any suggestion?
Re: X AND Y AXIS SHOW NEGATIVE NUMBERS
December 06, 2021 01:15AM
On that machine the the internet says the X endstop is on the left, so that is X-MIN
The Y endstop is at the back.that is Y-MIN
the Z stop is at the down position. That is Z-MIN

so you need to set in firmware to home to min in all axes.

#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

Not try basic moves if you move X+10 it should move right 10mm. If it moves left you need to change #define INVERT_X_DIR. If it says true, make it false or vice versa
now test Y+10, the bed should move forward 10mm. It it moves backwards you need to change #define INVERT_Y_DIR. If it says true, make it false or vice versa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2021 01:15AM by Dust.
Re: X AND Y AXIS SHOW NEGATIVE NUMBERS
December 06, 2021 09:21AM
Thank you my negative x and y readings are gone!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login