Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hictop Controller Pinout

Posted by Roberts_Clif 
Hictop Controller Pinout
January 18, 2022 06:05PM
I have a controller from Hictop MPK V1.

I do not have a complete board Connector Pin-out.

Please supply me any information you may have regarding connector labeled with an " H6 ".

More information they replaced the FT232RL - FTDI with an ATmega 16U2 High Speed USB controller this is where H6 connects.
Thank You

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2022 09:59PM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Re: Hictop Controller Pinout
January 18, 2022 11:43PM
H6 sounds like it is a standard ICSP header, but for programming the ATmega 16U2, just like a standard real mega2560 controller with 16U2 has two ICSP ports
January 20, 2022 09:00AM
Oh!!! Of course forgot that the ATmega 16U2 can be programmed.

Thank you

January 20, 2022 09:57AM
Then I am finished with the Hictop controller Pin-out Mapping.

The pin-out mapping is very similar to the Base v1.3 an MPX.3 they do not have a H6 connector

You may note : two ICSP ports on controller. H6 is a standard ICSP header, but for programming the ATmega 16U2

This will give the Hictop users a more detailed look at our controllers pin-out.
Older Hictop controllers have basically the same pin-out the connectors have only been re-arranged.

January 20, 2022 08:25PM
For completeness you might want to add the step/direction/enable pins for all steppers. Even though they arent broken out as far as I can tell.
January 21, 2022 08:13AM
Well I would really like to have step/direction/enable pins.
Though this controller does not have any pins that control the step/direction/enable.

I only created this pin mapping because Hictop Users have asked many times for a Pin diagram, include myself.
Have been trying to configure the BL-Touch for use with my Hictop 3D Printer, an without knowing the pin layout it makes any firmware changes difficult.

Our newer versions of firmware have many advanced features that would be nice to incorporate into my three Hictop 3D Printers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2022 08:17AM by Roberts_Clif.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login