Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder temperature after adding heated bed.

Posted by DADIY 
Extruder temperature after adding heated bed.
March 30, 2016 04:16PM
Since adding a heated bed and adding the following to my config.g I can't extrude under 250c. It seems like the H parameter is being inherited by both thermistors. I'm wondering if I can add a H+50 to the hot end or perhaps I'm missing something completely.

Setting currently in config.g

M305 P0 R4700 T100000 B4008 H-50 ;

M305 P1 R4700

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
Re: Extruder temperature after adding heated bed.
March 30, 2016 10:58PM
try swapping the lines over put P1 before P0, it may be that the H parameter is modal

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
March 31, 2016 02:40AM
-50 is a larger than normal value for the H parameter, and both channels should need the same H parameter. So I suspect your bed heater thermistor parameters are off. You can check this by substituting 100K resistors (preferably 1% tolerance) for both thermistors, which should give you a reading of 25C.

There was an issue with incorrect temperature readings on Duet 0.8.5 boards in older firmware, but I am fairly sure that was corrected prior to 1.09r. Nevertheless, version 1.09r is quote old now. Try my 1.10+4-dc42 release.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 31, 2016 04:46AM
Thanks David, At least that confirms my suspicions.

I didn't realize new firmware was out, I'd been keeping an eye on the firmware area and not the duet area. I will take a look at the new firmware.

My Thingiverse Creations
March 31, 2016 12:21PM
Hi David,

Interestingly after upgrading to you 1.10+4 release I no longer need to add H-50 to get accurate temperatures. I'm about to start a test print to see how it gets on.

My Thingiverse Creations
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login