Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r home at end of print ?

Posted by johnfroff 
Slic3r home at end of print ?
January 06, 2019 02:49PM
New to this so have just set my Fisher to work.

I only needed to change the H4 to H14 to get the z probing to work.

Printed the robot and the cube and noted that in both cases on completion of the print the print head just lifts up clear of the part.

For my next test I got slic3r to slice the endstop holder for a prusa. when printing finished the head ran to its limit s then went down until it impacted the printed part, I think this is because Slic3r put an G28 X0 in the end of the GCode. I notice that a "normal" home command on the fisher does the same limit switch then return to just above the printed part.

Am i correct in thinking I can edit the homing command out of my code and just

M107 turn fan off
G91 relative positioning
G1 Z40 F4000 feed Z axis 40mm up (clear the object)
G90 absoloute positioning
G1 X0 Y0 centre the head
T99 select 99.

If I put that as custom end code will it override the homing and crashing code.

Cheers
Re: Slic3r home at end of print ?
January 06, 2019 04:09PM
The behaviour when homing is defined by he contents of the homedelta.g file. If it is doing something inappropriate, you can change it by editing that file.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 07, 2019 04:43AM
If i look in the homedelta file I can see that the last command is to put the nozzle 4mm above the bed, since the preferred way of printing is to home all, then autocalibrate. the move to above the bed makes sense. The issue is with slic3r homing at the end of printing, it makes sense for a prusa type because printing normally takes place in the middle of the print bed, not at 0,0.

If custom code is assigned in slic3r will that replace the default code. I printed my part yesterday after manually editing the gcode as suggested in reply to GreatOldOne in Jan 17, this looks to be the same gcode at the bottom of the robot and cube files. This printed and then moved up out of the way.

Using the first layer at 0.35mm seems to ooze at the first layer, makes for good adhesion to the buildtac but needs fettling to get rid of the extra. Is there a way to extrude less to minimize the ooze.
January 07, 2019 06:07AM
johnfroff
If i look in the homedelta file I can see that the last command is to put the nozzle 4mm above the bed, since the preferred way of printing is to home all, then autocalibrate. the move to above the bed makes sense.

Puting the nozzle 4mm above the bed at the end of homedelta.g doesn't make sense to me. You could put that move at the start of the bed.g file instead.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login