Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lever hole size + wiring socket connection

Posted by sneaky_print 
Lever hole size + wiring socket connection
July 30, 2015 04:00PM
Hi everyone,

I am having some more difficulties assembling this Fisher.

1. Trying to plug the hot end female connector into the "loom", the pins are all the same depth in the female housing, they look straight, but the male and female housing just won't snap together properly. There is a three - four mm gap. I have tried to really force it but it won't snap in, it doesn't look like they are compatible.

2. The lever on the extruder drive, the documentation states "Slide the lever into place, insert the idler bearing assembly, then fit the top lever. Secure at the pivot point with a cap head screw. Finally, screw the remaining cap head screw up through both levers. The hole in the top lever is smaller than in the lever, such that the screw will bite into the plastic.".

I have tried to secure the pivot point with the cap head screw, it doesn't take to anything and is loose.

The second cap head screw does not bite into the hole in the top lever, this screw sits loose as well.

I am tempted to start super-glueing stuff. Any ideas?
PRZ
Re: Lever hole size + wiring socket connection
July 30, 2015 04:48PM
1/ I don't quite understand the problem here, so wait an answer from RRP

2/ for the extruder, beware of the levers parts, they are NOT identical, the top one have a smaller hole to screw the screw in.
the top lever part have a marking 'top' on it. the second cap head screw shall be screwed from bottom (threaded in the 'top' lever part). The photo is not super clear as you barely see the second screw and I already asked that they make another photo from below.
however, as you are also loose for the first screw, that may be laser cut tolerances ? I confirm that mine were screwing properly.
July 31, 2015 02:50PM
1. The extruder power connector (black, plastic, female, six pins) does not seem to fit the the connector (black, plastic, male) for the Duet board. The male connector has about another 3 - 4 mm to go before it snaps in place and using a significant amount force (I tried putting it in a vice) does not help.

2. Yeah that is my understanding, unfortunately for me both holes are similar/same size and the screw will not bite into either. Also, the pivot pivot screw does not appear to bite into anything, so there is nothing securing the lever to the drive block.

Anybody suggest a workaround for #2. I could super-glue the pivot screw, and could I user a longer screw with a bolt on the end to secure levers? Would this effect the functionality of the parts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2015 02:55PM by sneaky_print.
July 31, 2015 03:03PM
1: It did take a surprising amount of force to insert the motor harnesses onto the Duet. I broke the corner off one. However, a vice sounds extreme so don't just push harder. The plastic tang next to the male pins on the Duet has a bump in it to latch the connector. Take a close look that this or some other extra plastic isn't blocking the connector from going on.

2. I had to be very delicate but the bolts did lightly bite for me. Do a test fit, make clearances etc., then install the tensioner, then assemble the lever. I am not suggesting you glue the lever together but if you do it without the tensioner in place you will be stuffed.
July 31, 2015 04:30PM
It may be that I'm misunderstanding what's wrong, so please don't take this the wrong way, but re ①: are you really, absolutely, 100% sure that you've got the connector the right way round? The photos at [reprappro.com] worked for me: It really didn't take any force to connect/disconnect at all.

(I've just managed to snap my top lever while fiddling with the idler tension. Ho hum.)
August 01, 2015 06:36PM
sneaky_print
1. The extruder power connector (black, plastic, female, six pins) does not seem to fit the the connector (black, plastic, male) for the Duet board. The male connector has about another 3 - 4 mm to go before it snaps in place and using a significant amount force (I tried putting it in a vice) does not help.
Sounds like you did what I did-carefully followed the diagrams when a good look at the photographs would of been more helpful!If you have inserted the wires into the wrong side of the connector careful when you remove them so you don't damage the pins-like I did!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login