Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing from pronterface!

Posted by kellef 
Printing from pronterface!
August 02, 2015 09:15AM
hello! im very new att this thing and i bought myself a fisher, and i have managed to assembly it and connect it to pronterface! im having some serious problems with the internet service and thats why i need to do this through pronterface, as my router simply does not support netbios... but i have really no idea what im doing here! i can make it to its homepoint but, the bed leveling... no idea! is there anyone out there more than me running it through pronterface, and not the web based program..? some sort of guide about this would really help me out here! i have googled and watched a couple of youtube videos how to do it all on other printers but, no luck! =/
Re: Printing from pronterface!
August 02, 2015 10:07AM
Your internet service does not need to be working to use the web interface, and if your router does not support netbios then you can hard-code an IP address for the printer in config.g and then type that IP address into your browser address bar.

However, it should be entirely possible to control the printer through Pronterface. The main thing you need to know is that sending G32 through Pronterface is equivalent to pressing the Auto Bed Compensation button on the web interface. Also you need command M555 P2 in config.g, but you probably have that already.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Printing from pronterface!
August 02, 2015 10:57AM
dc42
Your internet service does not need to be working to use the web interface, and if your router does not support netbios then you can hard-code an IP address for the printer in config.g and then type that IP address into your browser address bar.

However, it should be entirely possible to control the printer through Pronterface. The main thing you need to know is that sending G32 through Pronterface is equivalent to pressing the Auto Bed Compensation button on the web interface. Also you need command M555 P2 in config.g, but you probably have that already.
awsome! worked like a charm! one step closer to an actual print i guess! tongue sticking out smiley thanks for the help! =)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login