Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fisher SD image 040815

Posted by jmgiacalone 
Fisher SD image 040815
August 04, 2015 06:31AM
Hello,

We have uploaded a new SD image for Fisher, please see here.

Changes are minor:

- Fixed typo in bed4.g
- Copied macrosd/bed4.g to sys/bed.g so Z zero should be set slightly higher than before following a G32 probing cycle
- PID parameters tweaked for faster heat up.

Thanks again for all of your great feedback, and if you get any problems with the build or use of the Fisher, please do get in touch but remember that all warranty issues are best dealt with via email to support (at) reprappro (dot) com

Happy printing!
Jean-Marc.
Re: Fisher SD image 040815
August 05, 2015 04:04AM
For myself, I have a problem with the calibration point G30 P4 X-75.0 Y0 Z-99999 from the bed7hex
The wires from the heater (thick white insulated sheath) hits the vertical wires (black) that goes down to the Duet.

It's also a problem for big pieces that needs all the bed to print.
Any idea to handle this problem (cable rerouting / displacement) ?

However the heat up is now fast (more linear) and stable !

I also see inconsistency (I guess) between bed macros :
bed7hex still mention G31 Z0.1 at the end (the bed7hexmeas gets the correct G31 Z-0.1)
bed7 has no G31 Z-x.x (maybe it's normal, I don't know)

Thanks for the job !

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2015 04:13AM by Greg_be.
PRZ
August 05, 2015 07:55AM
Yesterday , I tried, (and at the end of the day, failed) to print a large part, and one of the modifications I had to do was that :

This is a screw M2.5 and you shall take care to have the head not too low, as it could conflict with the bed support, hence I loose steps.

It is also imperative that the cable tie 'knots' shall be OUTSIDE the printer.
If you want to print large parts:
Set your printer upside down and check ALL your clearances in ALL the targeted trajectories, with the expected panel bow:
*Cables ties and knots
*Cables
*Tie of the effector wires
*Effector cable (this may conflict with arms while arms are near panels). I rerouted it three times before going to a workable path.

and in operation:
*No spool on side panel, or side panel reinforced
*Use fine bed calibration: Bed7 adjusted for YOUR machine with G31 adjusted as needed.
*Don't use a -beta romeo india mike- Reprap censorship is MAD! And Its doesn't disclose what it don't like !
*loop distance 0, only one
*Listen your machine for skipped steps
*Go slowly

August 05, 2015 07:58AM
Hi Greg_be

You can rotate the effector (ie undo the arms, and rotate it 120 degrees, reconnect it), so the hot end wires don't hit the wiring looms. You can probably bend the white heater wires so they don't stick out so much, and/or fit another cable tie to hold it in a bit better.

We're still playing with the macros, but feel free to contribute any improvement suggestions!

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
August 05, 2015 09:03AM
PRZ
Reprap censorship is MAD! And Its doesn't disclose what it don't like !

I have reported this. Should be fixed soon. See: [forums.reprap.org]

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login