Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New experimental firmware 1.09g-rc1-dc42

Posted by dc42 
New experimental firmware 1.09g-rc1-dc42
August 22, 2015 08:02PM
I am preparing a new firmware release, which addresses some print quality issues that affect delta printers such as Fisher more than others. Specifically, it cures the seams that sometimes appeared on curved surfaces (not the seam related to layer change). I'm not quite ready to release it yet, but if you are brave enough to try it, you can download the release candidate binary from [dl.dropboxusercontent.com].

The full change list is:

dc42
Fixed print quality problems that mostly affected delta printers e.g. on spiral vase cylinder
When reconnecting a browser, cancel any file upload from the same IP address
M111 now prints the number of each module with debugging enabled or disabled
In special moves on delta printers, the F parameter is now interpreted as the speed of the tower that moves the most
M114 now reports stepper positions as well as head position Default to output in Marlin mode
M104 command defaults to the only tool if there is only one tool and it is not selected
Trying different code for M999PERASE command to see if we can get it to unlock flash and reset more reliably
When step errors are logged, report them immediately if Move debugging is enabled. Also reports the total number of step errors in M122.
Changed interrupt priority to make tick interrupt higher priority than step interrupt, because we rely on the tick interrupt to check for over temperature conditions and kick the watchdog

If you install it, please provide feedback (good or bad) in this thread, because that will help me decide whether it is ready for release. You will find that the homing speed is much higher than before, because it is what the G1 S1 command homedelta.g asks for instead of 1.8 times slower. So you may wish to edit homedelta.g to reduce it. I now use 2500 mm/sec on my Kossel.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New experimental firmware 1.09h-dc42
August 25, 2015 04:34PM
I have now released version 1.09h-dc42. The previous version (1.09g-rc1-dc42) has been found to be reliable by myself and several other users, but I have now made further changes to allow higher travel speeds, in particular on delta printers using 0.9deg/step motors which were previously limited to 150mm/sec. See the previous post in this thread for the other changes.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login