Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[solved] fisher+duet+wifi ?

Posted by Martoh 
[solved] fisher+duet+wifi ?
August 28, 2015 05:13PM
Hi !
Did someone try to connect the fisher through a tp-link ?
I would like to know what to use in config.g because my network does not detect the fisher that way.
Thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2015 04:07PM by Martoh.
Re: fisher+duet+wifi ?
August 28, 2015 06:59PM
No reason why it wont work, exactly what tp-link hardware are you using, you will at least need a router and access point.

You may want to try setting it up for fixed IP to start with before trying DCHP and test your access point is correctly configured.

It highly recommended that you make sure your duet has the latest firmware, I found some screwy behavior putting a duet on a network, stuff like turning your TV on can screw up your printing.

In the config.g the comments identify which lines need to be changed, make sure you know your network settings.

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
August 28, 2015 07:18PM
I use my Fisher through a TP-Link router running OpenWrt in bridge mode. I use the default network settings in config.g other than a custom name and password.

Could it be your router? I have a friend who connects his to his (Apple) router using Ethernet but the router refuses to do anything with the hostname. He has to connect over USB, open a terminal, query the IP then use the IP to connect.
August 29, 2015 01:28AM
I am using the Apple airport as my main router and the fisher ran quite well just plugging into the Ethernet from this. I then contemplated the tp-link for wifi but tried an old Apple airport express which is attached to the fisher via ethernet and to the apple router via wifi and this works well. Although I haven't checked lately I couldn't connect to the fisher via the name and so I have a set IP address eg 192.168.0.5 which I dial into the web browser and is used to connect to the Fisher. Note I did not have to change the config file for any of these connections. I did though make the address for the Fisher fixed in the Apple Airport settings so I didn't have to figure out the new IP address assigned if it changed.
Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2015 01:32AM by ph610.
August 29, 2015 02:08AM
I had one of my Duet-controlled printers connected via a tplink wr710n to my home network for a while. It worked, but it disconnected fairly often. I connected a laptop running Pronterface to the USB port and it showed frequent "Network up, IP=..." and "Network down" messages.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 29, 2015 11:44AM
Thanks for your answers.
I'm trying to connect a wr702n as client. My network hardware is located in my livingroom so it was a better solution to use wifi.
But I think i'll give up and try to connect with usb on my laptop.
Already spend too much time on forums to find that a lot of people have issues with that device.
August 29, 2015 04:06PM
Well, problem solved by connecting on direct Lan.
Thanks to this :
http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?340,351716,351783#msg-351783

My laptop is only losing internet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login