Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to calibrate a reprappro fisher delta?

Posted by Jelle 
How to calibrate a reprappro fisher delta?
September 16, 2015 03:56AM
Hi there,

What is the correct way to store the actual dimensions/parameters that a G32 probes? I am seeing quite high deviations (>2mm), repeated running will bring that down to <0.02. It would be very good if some of those values could be pre loaded so that it only needs to run once.
My general approach is that the slicer profile/gcode should contain all the knowledge, so 'run command X a few times before you do Y' does not cut it for me. So far I have a G28 followed by a G32 in the start gcode (Cura), but it appears to be losing steps at the extremely fast move of the G32.
I've read some stuff about 4 point vs 6 or 7point calibration which should result in some actual measured variables for 'tower height' and arm radius etc, but I can't find it in the 'commissioning' part of the docs, or here on the forum. Any help, tips or pointers will be appreciated.
Re: How to calibrate a reprappro fisher delta?
September 16, 2015 04:54AM
See [reprap.org]. If the G32 is moving the machine too fast, reduce the maximum XYZ speeds in the M203 command in config.g. I am going to add an extra parameter to set the travel speed used by G32 soon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2015 04:56AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login