Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fisher 1.0

Posted by bgkdavis 
Fisher 1.0
October 06, 2015 04:13AM
RRP have released a couple of pictures of the Fisher 1.0, not a great deal to go on but there are some significant design changes

• New printed effector, The Acrylic parts are gone, but the MDF plate is still there, looks like fewer parts, maybe the upper ducts are all one part now??
  • extra washers on ball assembly, should keep them better aligned
  • modified arms, reinforcement round the screw holes, screws moved away from balls, no mid nuts.
  • modified top plate, looks like the top plate is designed to direct the forced down the vertical rods, presumably there is a similar mod to the bottom
  • modified idler holder, not sure whats going on here, maybe to accommodate top plate mods.....
  • modified carriages, can only see slight mods in the pictures
  • extra cable ties by limit switches...to hold wires in place???

Look forward to seeing some more pictures and the part files

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
Re: Fisher 1.0
October 06, 2015 04:29AM
Do you have a link ?
October 06, 2015 04:41AM

RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD

October 06, 2015 12:57PM
Yeah, saw this at the TCT show. Idler is lower to improve triangulation of forces between belt and rods, hopefully more stable in the direction along the axis of the idler.

Rods are closer together. Rods are the same length so the side panels are longer in order to place the top panel on top of the rods.

Build plate uses button head bolts with spacers instead of balls.
October 07, 2015 08:48AM
Too bad they are not on github yet..
October 07, 2015 09:40AM
Oh, and geared extruder!

As I recall JM was still working on a better way to feed the filament to the new extruder than the slot on the Beta. Could affect several parts so I guess the designs will be available when that is resolved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2015 09:42AM by Theolodian.
October 07, 2015 04:17PM
Where did you see the geared extruder confused smiley
October 07, 2015 04:55PM
A geared extruder would be most welcome! The parts count would not go up very much I think, instead of a hobbed gear on the motor shaft, you get a hobbed/knurled bolt that needs to be custom made.
October 07, 2015 08:05PM
The Mendel 3 and Ormerod both have geared extruders that used a hobbed insert, that is very similar to the 'hobbed gear' on the fisher, I would expect a geared extruder on the fisher to share similarities with their existing designs

RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
October 08, 2015 05:37AM
I'm taking the pictures for the instructions today, so you'll get a good look at the changes soon. The geared extruder will fit on the existing side panel, but does use the same hobbed bolt as our other printers, and an extra hex head screw. And yes, there's a filament guide into the extruder now.

The spacing between the smooth rods has changed for Fisher 1, by 3mm, to tighten up the clamping effect of the screw on the rods in the motor mounts. Unfortunately, we had to move the rods to do this, which makes it less backwards compatible, as we don't feel that people will want to change all their acrylic panels. However, we will produce a second set of carriages and idler ends with the old spacing, so beta owners can still adopt the new parts, if they want.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
October 08, 2015 06:02AM
Ian, thanks a ton. Yeah, I'd rather not redo the acrylic bits for now. Therefore just being able to replace the effector, carriages, and geared extruder with printed parts while leaving the rest the same is a major bonus for me. Please put a hardware kit for the updated extruder, and the threaded balls with bolts for the effector and carriages - on the website to order when the designs are ready.
October 08, 2015 06:14AM
Look forward to seeing the extruder but I'm pretty happy with the axis and arm mods I've done, may take a look at the new effector too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2015 06:17AM by bgkdavis.

RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
October 08, 2015 01:45PM
Would it possible to do a complete beta -> 1.0 upgrade kit (including replacement acrylic parts)
October 08, 2015 01:59PM
I can't wait to start playing with new parts!
October 09, 2015 01:41AM
Thanks for the update Ian, I'm looking forward to seeing the new designs to incorporate in my Fishers. The simplified effector and new arm design arms look to be very useful improvements as does the change to button head screws on the bed.

David
October 16, 2015 02:39AM
jmg123
Would it possible to do a complete beta -> 1.0 upgrade kit (including replacement acrylic parts)

+1 for that idea, that would be awesome smiling smiley

Bought a Fisher beta recently and still need to build it so I can print some replacement parts for my poor, old Huxley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login