Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

web interface feature request.

Posted by Jelle 
web interface feature request.
October 07, 2015 02:49PM
Is there a way to simplify the web interface? If not, read this as a feature request. I'm offering a couple of fishers as intro to 3D printing for 10-15y.o. students, but the complexity of the web interface frightens me a little: will they 'get it' if it offers that much information?

I'm a big proponent of 'fire and forget printing', so I'd really like an interface that shows what it is printing and when it will be finished and not much else. All the other parameters (speed, temp, filament etc.) is interesting for a geek like you and me, but it does not deserve as much attention/screen space as the first two.

Once it is not printing it should offer a simple list of the latest gcode files to choose from. The current list is sorted alphabetically which is much less convenient. It also offers too much info which is not needed for selecting your file. Size and filament required is nice, but that should not be in the selection list. The macro's could be handy to do tasks preparing the printer, if there is some way to convey what they actually do, right now you only have the filename to go by.
Re: web interface feature request.
October 08, 2015 02:18PM
Yes, a simplified interface for rather naive users is already on my TODO list. It will probably be implemented in the next version of my DWC.
October 09, 2015 12:33PM
My 15 year old son wasn't phased by it at all...
October 09, 2015 08:02PM
Yeah, I often think its a mistake to try and dumb stuff down for kids, especially on computers, the trick is to limit the amount of damage they can do

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login