Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

nozzel pushing down the bed!

Posted by kellef 
nozzel pushing down the bed!
October 08, 2015 06:00AM
hi! im having some problems with the nozzle pushing down to far on the printed part, so the whole bed gets pushed down! im not sure why this is and now i wonder if anyone here knows what im doing wrong? i am running the g32 autobed level a couple of times before the print starts! and theres a new problem there too! the first time i send a g32 the nozzle goes straight down and pushes the spring way down (on the first tower). but after 3-4 times, it calibrates the bed as normal!
i uploaded a video of the first mentioned problem, where you can se the whole bed moving around! and its worth to mention, the higher i print, the more off it seems to get! here is the video, hope it helps! [youtu.be]
Re: nozzel pushing down the bed!
October 08, 2015 06:40AM
Is it possible you have a wiring error? the nozzle should only just touch the bed for it to trigger.

look at the z probe figure on the web interface, it should read zero then when you press lightly by each of the balls should jump to 1000.

After calibration try a paper test on a few positions on the plate, you should jog the effector down until it just traps the paper, and note the Z position, it should be the same.

If the problem gets worst as you get higher, maybe check the steps per mm factor.

Maybe try reducing your extrusion factor

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
October 08, 2015 07:57AM
bgkdavis
Is it possible you have a wiring error? the nozzle should only just touch the bed for it to trigger.

look at the z probe figure on the web interface, it should read zero then when you press lightly by each of the balls should jump to 1000.

After calibration try a paper test on a few positions on the plate, you should jog the effector down until it just traps the paper, and note the Z position, it should be the same.

If the problem gets worst as you get higher, maybe check the steps per mm factor.

Maybe try reducing your extrusion factor
This thing came out of nowhere! Mayby a video of this would help too..?
It does the whole calibration process perfectly except for the first point, where it launced straight down without slowing down to touch it nicely! If i run the G32 a couple of times the problem disapears!
I have calibrated the extruder, so I don't think that's the problem. And it's not constantly pushing the bed/piece down. If you watch the video you can se how it pushes it when the nozzle I closer to the camera if that makes sense? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2015 08:41AM by kellef.
October 08, 2015 11:51AM
If it probes the first point without slowing down, that suggests to me that the homing switch is triggering too low compared with the M666 correction you are using for that tower. After you have calibrated a few times, run M665 and M666 without parameters to see what the delta parameters and endstop corrections are, and then compare them with the values you have in the M665 and M666 commands in config.g.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 08, 2015 12:17PM
Like dc42 says, it seems in fact that the H number of the M665 command is too high. Mine is around 180.00
October 09, 2015 05:38AM
dc42
If it probes the first point without slowing down, that suggests to me that the homing switch is triggering too low compared with the M666 correction you are using for that tower. After you have calibrated a few times, run M665 and M666 without parameters to see what the delta parameters and endstop corrections are, and then compare them with the values you have in the M665 and M666 commands in config.g.
that makes sense! theres one microswitch thats pretty messed up! i bendt it back quite a bit, it did trigger to low! gonna test it out later.. but it doesnt explain why the bed is rocking around during print..? or is this the reason for that too? figured it shouldnt be since the bed level is supposed to be calibrated before the print starts? =)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login