Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Fisher beta] [half solved] my problems

Posted by Martoh 
[Fisher beta] [half solved] my problems
October 19, 2015 03:27AM
Since the beginning I've been unable to print a square. There is around 0.5° error between X and Y.
Maybe because a bad carriage, maybe because the effector, I don't know.
M556 seems to do nothing.

The quality of print was good.

I've printed the new effector. So the position of the balls look better (more flat) but the triangle is of course wrong (not equilateral).
And then I saw that a carriage is not really flat.
So I tried to print the new version...

solved :
And now, it's my extruder that is jumping. I've cleaned the hobbed insert and tried different tensioning for the lever... nothing.
After four try, I obtained a correct drive block. But I had to pause the print and play with retract-extrude-retract-etc.

I ordered the upgrade kit for the extruder yesterday, but still, I'm unable to print the wheels and I think they are not include in the kit.

Does someone see a solution ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2015 06:29AM by Martoh.
Re: [Fisher beta] my problems
October 19, 2015 05:49AM
Martoh
Since the beginning I've been unable to print a square. There is around 0.5° error between X and Y.
Maybe because a bad carriage, maybe because the effector, I don't know.
M556 seems to do nothing.

The quality of print was good.

I've printed the new effector. So the position of the balls look better (more flat) but the triangle is of course wrong (not equilateral).
And then I saw that a carriage is not really flat.
So I tried to print the new version...

And now, it's my extruder that is jumping. I've cleaned the hobbed insert and tried different tensioning for the lever... nothing.
After four try, I obtained a correct drive block. But I had to pause the print and play with retract-extrude-retract-etc.

I ordered the upgrade kit for the extruder yesterday, but still, I'm unable to print the wheels and I think they are not include in the kit.

Does someone see a solution ?
i had some serious troubles with the skipping/jumping extruder! it went so far that reprappro sent me a new nozzle, thats how much i bugged them! xD but Ian @reprappro.com guided me with step by step instructions(thanks for that!), and after trying soooo many different ways, like shortening the bowden tube, playing with temperature, cleaning out the nozzle more times than i can count... it all went down to removing the fan duct!

im now printingt at 215 celcius without the fan duct! i believe my thermistor is a little bit off... when no heat is activated its showing about 26-28 celcius, and i think my room might actually be more around, 20-22! =)
but try to remove the fan duct, and for retraction, im using 3.2 in lenght, and 0.4 lift in Z, and for speed 50 mm/s
hope this helps!

like i said, i had some real issues with this, now it all seems to be gone! no skipping at all since the active cooling of the nozzle was removed! =)
oh! and i also used a pencil sharpener on the bowden tube end that enters the nozzle, to make sure there was no gap between the nozzle and the tube, and at the same time, i shortened it for a more "straight down" angle when its printing! not sure if that fixed it or just made a shorter way for the filament to travel but like i said, its printingt fine now finally!
October 19, 2015 06:28AM
Well. I'll try with the fan duct removed. Thanks. So it could be a dilatation issue ? I didn't have any problem like this until the new effector.
My bowden tube was drilled well and also sharpened the first time I plugged it in the nozzle. Everything was going well then. Except for the square problem.
I'll try it !
October 19, 2015 03:32PM
So, the fan duct is removed. The problem seems solved.
But now, there is an adherence issue when printing inner circles. First layer is ok but for the next, the filament follow the nozzle and it reproduce at every layer.
October 19, 2015 11:40PM
Martoh
So, the fan duct is removed. The problem seems solved.
But now, there is an adherence issue when printing inner circles. First layer is ok but for the next, the filament follow the nozzle and it reproduce at every layer.
Not quite sure i understand what you mean! The filament sticks fine to the bed, but then when printing next layer, it doesn't stick together..? Or am I misunderstanding this completely? Perhaps a picture would help =)
October 20, 2015 06:28AM
When printing a hole (d15mm), the filament is not sticking to the perimeter. So it makes a wall inside the hole on few layers.
Seems only for big holes, not for d3mm.
Bah. It's not so bad, i can drill it, and at least i can print my carriages.
So thanks for your help. thumbs up

Now, still the squares to solve.
October 22, 2015 11:54AM
So, I was trying to print the lever for the new extruder :

second try :

the first hole is perfect and the two others are not

first and best try and third try :

same

fourth try :

same

last : I pivoted the part. You can see the perimeters...

Tonight i'll try to put some kapton on the nozzle and put back the fan duct.
October 22, 2015 01:34PM
Take this as you will, but for all my recent success I still haven't been brave enough to try that shade of blue again. It just wouldn't work for me before. I know there are differing opinions, but I know several people with extensive experience who say they always struggle with blue. I would start with a known good filament so that you can focus on machine issues and not worry about filament issues.
October 22, 2015 01:58PM
grinning smiley

Yeah. I know. grinning smiley
But in fact I had very good results before changing the effector.
But I will switch now for the sun's white one that was shipped with the kit. Will see if it is the filament.
Re: [Fisher beta] [half solved] my problems
October 26, 2015 04:28PM
Arg.

Today I cleaned the nozzle.

I received the upgrade kit for the new extruder. There is no laser cut parts... and the beta one is not compatible.
So I used my saw and handcrafted a upper lever.
At first it seemed working... and then, the extrusion stopped, the extruder is jumping when pushing but retract is ok.
The esun filament is also wrong, drifting from 1.74 to 1.84 mm.
The great wheel is moving when it turns, floating in the drive block.

Now I have a cute printer that cannot print anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login