New Firmware extruder going reverse now
November 01, 2015 12:58PM
I up dated my firmware with dc42 k version and now the extruder going backwards on all the commands. If i click extrude it goes reverse and if i click reverse it extrudes. Any thoughts
Re: New Firmware extruder going reverse now
November 01, 2015 01:07PM
That sounds very odd to me. I presume you kept your original config.g file, as I don't have one for the Fisher in my repository? Did you by any chance change from the direct drive extruder to the geared extruder at the same time?

Anyway, to change the direction of the extruder, look for the M569 P3 command in config.g. Change the S parameter from 0 to 1, or from 1 to 0.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 01, 2015 03:37PM
I found it didn't erase the old firmware and had some weird corrupt data. However, I had to switch to blue and green motor wires around and now it working.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2015 03:43PM by zaccom.
November 06, 2015 04:22AM
Hi Zaccom

Are you sure it was the blue and green wire you changed? What is the wire order now? Because you should NOT swap the blue and green wire! Stepper motors have two coils (effectively two motors in one), and with our wiring they are fed by the green/black (or yellow) wires, and the blue/red wires. You should not mix these up; I'm not sure if it damages the stepper driver, but it won't be good. You can reverse a motor's direction by swapping one pair, or just by reversing the whole plug. Or, more elegantly, by changing your config.g file, as dc42 pointed out.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login