Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Network suddenly stopped working.

Posted by Sean.kennedy 
Network suddenly stopped working.
November 08, 2015 04:38AM
Morning all,

Turned on the printer this morning like every morning and network doesn't want. Checked all the usual suspects. Restarted and checked everything, even chanced cables and still no luck.

100% printer. Any suggestions? How does the reset button work? Is that even a viable solution?
Re: Network suddenly stopped working.
November 08, 2015 09:46AM
I find it to be an issue of your local DNS. Ping it in a command prompt and look for the IP address, then use that in your browser.
November 08, 2015 12:10PM
Can I still do that if there are no lights on the Ethernet cable on either the router or the printer? And if so, how do I do it?

Just to clarify there are no lights on the Ethernet port on the printer or router. And cable and network itself have been checked and are working.
November 08, 2015 01:01PM
Hmmm, not that familiar with the Duet. Try the usual; reload firmware, cold solder joint, etc.
November 08, 2015 01:24PM
If there are no lights on the Duet Ethernet connector when the Duet is powered and the network cable is plugged in, then one of the cable, the router, or the Duet is faulty.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 11, 2015 07:40AM
I jump on this thread because it just happened to me too !

I have changed nothing from a working fisher, just plugged the power cord as usual.

Then, I am unable to access the web interface on the fisher.

I have checked :

- ethernet cable
- sd card (format / rewrite fisher image)
- firmware (re flashed one with bossac)

Here are the symptoms :
- both orange and green ethernet lights are solid on the fisher
- on the pc side, the ethernet connection says 'no cable connection'
- I can still access the duet with the com port and send gcode through it

Is the ethernet part of the duet fried ? If it is the case, then the quality is really bad, only four days of usage and already fried without any bad usage... I hope not !
November 11, 2015 08:01AM
Might be worth doing a visual inspection of the soldering of the Ethernet connector to the board.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

November 11, 2015 08:30AM
Nothing wrong here...
Attachments:
open | download - P1.jpg (323.6 KB)
open | download - P2.jpg (306.7 KB)
open | download - P3.jpg (232.7 KB)
November 11, 2015 10:27AM
I have also tried to print from a Gcode file on the com port : fail

Only a few instructions are executed, then the print stops - didn't even complete the first layer.

The card only respond to basic commands like G28, G32, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2015 10:28AM by sico.
November 11, 2015 10:32AM
Have you actually tried a different cable? Have you tried plugging it in to a different PC?

November 11, 2015 11:05AM
Maybe your SD card is faulty. I suggest you format it once, copy the SD image back to it and then try to print something else. If that doesn't help, try another microSD card.
November 11, 2015 11:23AM
I have re flashed the firmware once again using bossac, and the fisher is now back from dead !

I still don't get why, but for now I don't really care winking smiley

Back now to my calibration issues... the first layer is not even on all coordinates of the bed, some are too high, and others are too close, making the extruder skip and the head rip.
I did a G28, some G32 and checked the convergence of the parameters, and changed the M665 and M666 outputs in the config.g file.

Still, on large parts (7 to 9 cm), this is not working.

By the way, I am using a 4 points / 4 parameters calibration routine, the default one shipped with the fisher bundle.
November 11, 2015 12:32PM
Try printing a calibration spiral or calibration star. You can find these on thingyverse. You should already find that the thickness is uniform at the centre and in front of the towers because of your 4-point calibration. If the thickness is off between the towers, then you need 6-factor calibration.

November 11, 2015 12:52PM
Yes, I agree, the thickness is not uniform away from the calibration points.

I am looking at a reliable bed.g for a 6 factor calibration routine; I have seen many posts (and looked at dc42's calibration wiki), some are using H parameters, others don't, I am a bit lost here !

If you have a good one, please upload it; I already tried Theolodian's one, but it is only a 4-factor one and this has not worked for me.
November 19, 2015 12:05PM
so here is an update. a few days ago i flashed the board successfully and there was no change. used a new sd card, with fresh copy of info. no change. since this started not even the green and amber lights would turn on.

so just now i plugged it in, and the green and amber network lights turned on!!!!! but only for about for 60 sec and then turned off and i havent been able to recreate the result. so again no network.
November 19, 2015 12:22PM
Sean.kennedy
so just now i plugged it in, and the green and amber network lights turned on!!!!! but only for about for 60 sec and then turned off and i havent been able to recreate the result. so again no network.

So you have a intermittent fault in the cable, one of the Ethernet sockets, the Duet, or the PC. You said you have already tried a different cable. Try waggling the cable in the socket at each and, and examine the contacts in the sockets to see if any are bent.

November 23, 2015 02:36PM
Yet another update. So as suggested I changed everything, starting at router and working my way back to duet. Inspecting all component along the way. Ensuring all contacts both withing the ports and on the rj45 connectors. All look good. Throughout each time I turned on the Fisher, the Green and amber network lights came on, but only for 60 seconds or less.

So sadly, still no network. Is it possible to send this one back for an exchange?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login