Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with strange blobs in prints

Posted by Thorn666 
Help with strange blobs in prints
November 26, 2015 10:46AM
I have sometimes strange blobs in prints, like in the image. They appear and dissapear randomly between prints, changing colors, temps, and even doing nothing at all. I dont know if they are caused by alterations in the filament quality or other thing. Can anyone help me to solve this issue? Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpg (474.6 KB)
Re: Help with strange blobs in prints
November 26, 2015 06:52PM
Hi Thorn666, It looks too me like steam bubbles. You get it from poor quality filament or if its old and hasn't been kept in a sealed container.
Have you tried any other filament?
Thanks
Matt
November 27, 2015 02:34AM
Its a bq brand filament ( a spanish company) but i use to have better finish with esun. I will buy some esun and see what happens. I try to keep the filament in a box with desecant, but the spool im using its always on the printer.
November 27, 2015 05:26AM
I had the same issue with the german company "Das Filament" it was very tempting buying 1spool for 15€ (no shipping, I picked it up). I had it in a sealed container for about 4 weeks with dissecant.

When it was time to use the spool, I noticed the same problem (but not that extremely).

For my opinion there are 3 possible reasons that might complement eachother:

- Filament has sucked too much water from the air because of thr bad quality.

- seamposition set at random or neareston, the slicer will get you that spots if you did not slice and calibrate you Extruder stepps properly

- Over extrusion due to the bigger diameter of the moist filament or wrong extruder Steps in the config file.

I hope it helps smiling smiley

Cheers
November 27, 2015 05:28AM
Oh... And I recomend Formfutura filament. Their Filament is specially made for BuildTak since they developed it..

PLA, EasyWood, PETG and almost every PLA blend work without problems..
December 02, 2015 03:43PM
ive tried with esun pla with diferent temps and same result. sometimes it prints ok and other with blobs. i cant figure whats the difference. same g code file, sometimes ok, sometimes with blobs. anyone have any idea?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login