Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Simplify3d settings

Posted by DADIY 
Simplify3d settings
November 28, 2015 03:33PM
I'm just experimenting setting up Simplify3d and with the exception of how slow by default it puts the first layer down things were quite straight forward however I notice that the code it produces seems to break the dc42 firmwares layer count so it get stuck on layer 1. In Slic3r I seem to recall adding layer height to the gcode.

Does anyone have any tips to fix the layer progress?
Re: Simplify3d settings
November 30, 2015 07:41AM
Someone said it can be fixed in the firmware. It worked about half the time for me with the versions of S3D and dc42 that were out this summer. Both have since been updated and now it never works. Either way I don't think it is something that you can fix with user settings.
November 30, 2015 08:12AM
I believe Chrishamm has done some work on layer count in the PrintMonitor module, and I have yet to merge those changes into my fork. So you might want to try his 1.09n release.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 30, 2015 08:59AM
I have one other request for your next update please. Have the entire bed probing fail if the bed switch(es) are triggered at the beginning of the routine. Currently it just carries on. Cheers.
November 30, 2015 12:23PM
Theolodian
I have one other request for your next update please. Have the entire bed probing fail if the bed switch(es) are triggered at the beginning of the routine. Currently it just carries on. Cheers.

That's not trivial, because the bed probe sequence is a series of G30 and other commands listed in bed.g, and it's not obvious what should happen if a G30 command fails. There isn't a concept of "jump to xxx on failure" in gcode.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2015 12:39PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 30, 2015 12:31PM
Ah, OK. I thought it would be easier in the firmware. I knew I couldn't do it with gcode.
November 30, 2015 06:01PM
dc42
Theolodian

That's not trivial, because the bed probe sequence is a series of G30 and other commands listed in bed.g, and it's not obvious what should happen if a G30 command fails. There isn't a concept of "jump to xxx on failure" in gcode.

...you could just leave the G30 hang if the switch is already open at the start of the G30 cycle

Strictly speaking "jump to xxx on ????" does exist in gcode, its not standard basic ISO gcode, and certainly not in the gcode that's implemented on the Duet, but the parametric and Custom Macro B codesets do include GOTO, CASE, IF/THEN, FOR/NEXT and DO/LOOP logic structures...... however, really not sure that implementing parametrics on a 3D printer would be a great idea, on the one hand it does make some things in the housekeeping routines easier to code and customize, and it may be cool to do some parametric printing, but it would have limited appeal.

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login