Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

End of print coding confused smiley

Posted by Sean.kennedy 
End of print coding confused smiley
December 10, 2015 09:58AM
So at the moment, my prints finish and the hot end lifts and I have a very short time to remove it till the head plummets down into the finished print. I have google and searched for a code or something to make the head go all the way up and stay there till I say otherwise. I use cura (I have 2 ultimaker 2s) and I have tried to add M112 even as an extreme measure to avoid this, but still no luck.

So which g file and what code should I edit and how should I edit it?

Sean

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2015 09:59AM by Sean.kennedy.
Re: End of print coding confused smiley
December 10, 2015 10:07AM
Sean.kennedy
So at the moment, my prints finish and the hot end lifts and I have a very short time to remove it till the head plummets down into the finished print. I have google and searched for a code or something to make the head go all the way up and stay there till I say otherwise. I use cura (I have 2 ultimaker 2s) and I have tried to add M112 even as an extreme measure to avoid this, but still no luck.

Sean
you just edit your home file! =)
December 10, 2015 10:23AM
kellef
Sean.kennedy

Sean
you just edit your home file! =)

so i have 5 home files, one for each x,y,and z, homedelta and homeall. so which do i edit, and how and with what code?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2015 10:25AM by Sean.kennedy.
December 10, 2015 10:31AM
And check in cura that you don't have an ending code.
December 10, 2015 10:54AM
1. Check what ending gcode you have configured in Cura. An M1, M18 or M84 code there will turn off the motors, which you don't want if that allows the carriages to fall.

2. If the problem is that the carriages fall 30 seconds after finishing and homing, then you need to increase the idle current, set by the I parameter in the M906 command in config.g. The default is 30, and the units are percent. Try 60.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 10, 2015 03:05PM
I had this. Search this forum for 'Don King', that's what my minion looked like after pulling the hot nozzle back out of it.

My problem was that my ending script had a homeall command, and the home all went to Z 4mm after homing. However the part was more than 4mm tall...

Solution was to NOT do a homeall in the end script, and NOT go to Z 4mm as part of homeall!

Carriages don't fall on a Fisher. Red herring that.
December 10, 2015 05:07PM
Theolodian
I had this. Search this forum for 'Don King', that's what my minion looked like after pulling the hot nozzle back out of it.

My problem was that my ending script had a homeall command, and the home all went to Z 4mm after homing. However the part was more than 4mm tall...

Solution was to NOT do a homeall in the end script, and NOT go to Z 4mm as part of homeall!

Carriages don't fall on a Fisher. Red herring that[/quoteq]

I've don't it I think! I removed the home all command out of the end code of cura and it's worked really well. It raises about 10mm and stops..... But why is it unloading all the filament?!?!?!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2015 05:09PM by Sean.kennedy.
December 14, 2015 11:16AM
Got a new one for you... Where is the code that makes the printer reverse all the filament out after a print?
December 14, 2015 02:46PM
Sean.kennedy
Got a new one for you... Where is the code that makes the printer reverse all the filament out after a print?

That can happen if your gcode is generated for absolute extrusion (whereas relative extruduin is recommended) and you have a command such as G1 E-4 in your end gcode because someone wanted to retract the filament a little to stop the nozzle oozing.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 14, 2015 03:40PM
dc42
Sean.kennedy

That can happen if your gcode is generated for absolute extrusion (whereas relative extruduin is recommended) and you have a command such as G1 E-4 in your end gcode because someone wanted to retract the filament a little to stop the nozzle oozing.

Thanks! I do have that code, in the end code in cura! I will remove it!
December 24, 2015 11:02AM
Hi all,

Going through g-code wiki looking for commands that will help me move the nozzle as high as it will go (a few mm before hitting the z switches) right after finishing a print.

Any help?
December 24, 2015 11:42AM
Sean.kennedy
Hi all,

Going through g-code wiki looking for commands that will help me move the nozzle as high as it will go (a few mm before hitting the z switches) right after finishing a print.

Any help?

G28 to home the printer
December 24, 2015 12:24PM
dougal1957
Sean.kennedy
Hi all,

Any help?

G28 to home the printer

Thanks! G28 homes all 3 towers and then drops the nozzle to 1cm. So definitely not what I want to happen. Can I edit the home location.
December 24, 2015 12:34PM
Sean.kennedy
dougal1957
Sean.kennedy
Hi all,

Any help?

G28 to home the printer

Thanks! G28 homes all 3 towers and then drops the nozzle to 1cm. So definitely not what I want to happen. Can I edit the home location.

Post your Homedelta.g file mine homes to the top then lowers around 3 mm

My file looks like

; Homing file for RepRapFirmware on Mini Kossel
G91 ; use relative positioning
;******* Change F500 in the following line by F5000 when you are finished commissioning
G1 S1 X320 Y320 Z320 F5000 ; move all carriages up 320mm, stopping at the endstops
G1 S2 X-4 Y-4 Z-4 F1000 ; move all towers down 5mm
G1 S1 X8 Y8 Z8 F500 ; move towers up 8mm, stopping at the endstops
G1 Z-5 ; down a few mm so that we can centre the head
G90 ; back to absolute positioning
G1 X0 Y0 F2000 ; centre the head and set a reasonable feed rate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2015 12:36PM by dougal1957.
January 07, 2016 07:26AM
So im giving slic3r another go, and im just going through all the configs to iron out bugs. does anyone have a good set of start and end codes.

Currently i use cura, and i have no issues with its default start codes but use this as my end codes.

M104 S0 ;extruder heater off
G28 ;Home head and move out of the way
G91 ;relative positioning
M84 ;steppers off
G90 ;absolute positioning

Any comments or suggestions?

start codes are this:

G21 ;metric values
G90 ;absolute positioning
M82 ;set extruder to absolute mode
M107 ;start with the fan off
G1 Z15.0 F{travel_speed} ;move the platform down 15mm
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length
G1 F200 E3 ;extrude 3mm of feed stock
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length again
January 07, 2016 07:45AM
The pre created fisher profile for slic3r works pretty well and can be found on git hub here [github.com]

One thing to note is that Slic3r and Cura use different positioning by default, once is absolute whilst the other is relative, if you use the wrong one it goes really really slow.

I assume for your cura profile that your not controlling tools or temperature etc.
January 07, 2016 08:37AM
DADIY
The pre created fisher profile for slic3r works pretty well and can be found on git hub here [github.com]

One thing to note is that Slic3r and Cura use different positioning by default, once is absolute whilst the other is relative, if you use the wrong one it goes really really slow.

I assume for your cura profile that your not controlling tools or temperature etc.

slicer crashes every time i load that file.... there is always something...
January 07, 2016 08:57AM
Odd, I'm using Slic3r 1.2.9 and I've attached my config bundle to see if that any better for you.
Attachments:
open | download - Slic3r_config_bundle.ini (21.7 KB)
January 07, 2016 12:38PM
DADIY
Odd, I'm using Slic3r 1.2.9 and I've attached my config bundle to see if that any better for you.

So tried your file at home and works. Thought is redonculously slow. Will give it a go though.
January 07, 2016 01:02PM
Do you mean slow to slice or slow to print. If it's the first one then yes it reslices every time you change something and it's not very quick. Unlike S3D which is amazingly fast.
January 07, 2016 04:42PM
DADIY
Do you mean slow to slice or slow to print. If it's the first one then yes it reslices every time you change something and it's not very quick. Unlike S3D which is amazingly fast.

Hmmmm what is this S3D you speak of?
January 07, 2016 05:09PM
Sorry. S3D is Simplify3D. For me it's fast at slicing and does great rafts and support material but I struggle with the first layer speed for skirts et.

On you tube there's a guy called the 3D printing nerd he Demos s3d and worth a watch.
Here's a random video from him.
[youtu.be]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login