Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Beginner in need of help

Posted by FragrantParrot 
Beginner in need of help
January 09, 2016 06:06AM
Hi guys,

I got a fisher delta recently, and have built it with no issues, and managed to print the test robot out a few times. But them whilst fiddling I broke some of the acrylic arm/rod things, which I have since replaced with Carbon Arms and ball links.

At the moment I'm trying to get my machine calibrated well but I'm having issues. The lowest deviation I can get it to is 0.047 on 6/7 calibration settings and I'm wondering if this is good? It's my first printer so I have no idea. And when I put through the M665 command and get some X and Y angles what do I do with them in config?

I'm also having an issue updating the firmware, I've placed the newest version in the firmware folder on my SD, but it hasn't updated in the duet web control?

Sorry if these are easy things I'm just feeling lost!

Thanks, Gus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2016 06:09AM by FragrantParrot.
Re: Beginner in need of help
January 09, 2016 06:30AM
0.047mm deviation isn't ideal, but good enough to print with. To do better, start by updating to my 1.09m firmware. Then measure the trigger height of the bed switches at each probe point. Put the trigger height at the centre of the bed in the G31 Z parameter, and use the H parameter on the G30 commands in bed.g to correct the trigger height at the other points. The H value gets added to the G31 Z value to give the trigger height at that probe point.

To update the firmware, you need to use the USB port and bossac running on a PC. See the RepRapPro firmware update instructoins.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Beginner in need of help
January 12, 2016 05:55PM
Okay, thanks for the help, I'll get that updated and try those ideas for fixing the calibration.
Will this also fix the issue I'm having where the nozzle is scraping on the bed? This is the same even after I've used auto bed compensation.

Another issue I'm having is there seems to be a large amount of resistant from the hotend, that causes the extruder to skip and get stuck. I've cleaned the nozzle out but it just keeps skipping and then wont extrude any filament.

This is trying to print with the hotend at 210C so I don't think temp is an issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login