Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spare parts

Posted by Thorn666 
Spare parts
January 12, 2016 03:30AM
I recently upgrade the carriage and i am in need of a new cartridge heater because i broke the legs trying to remove from the block. With the surprising closing of reprap uk, i wonder where could i find a 19v cartridge, that seems quite difficult to buy now. Can anyone tell me where to buy or how can i solve this? Thanks
Re: Spare parts
January 12, 2016 03:40AM
I haven't been able to find a 19v one anywhere, but 12v ones are easy to source which would mean that you need to change the PSU and the fan to 12v (12v ones on ebay are 99p delivered).
January 12, 2016 04:01AM
DADIY
I haven't been able to find a 19v one anywhere, but 12v ones are easy to source which would mean that you need to change the PSU and the fan to 12v (12v ones on ebay are 99p delivered).

You seem to really be pushing for the 12v thing, (im not criticizing) but just out of curiosity, what are the benefits of making it 12v and how hard would it be to make the entire thing 12v?
January 12, 2016 04:09AM
Going to 12V or 24V means you can use standard components. As the Fisher has no heated bed, it is only the heater cartridge and fan that need to be changed. 24V is better if you might in future want to upgrade to 0.9deg/step motors.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 12, 2016 04:15AM
dc42
Going to 12V or 24V means you can use standard components. As the Fisher has no heated bed, it is only the heater cartridge and fan that need to be changed. 24V is better if you might in future want to upgrade to 0.9deg/step motors.

Really? that seems too simple! smiling smiley so no changes would be needed for codes or to the duet board itself? and obviously the power supply itself would need to be changed. Is there a benefit between the 12v and 24v?
January 12, 2016 07:11AM
24V is better for running a heated bed other than a small one, but this is not relevant to the Fisher. Also 24V allows high step rates, but this is generally only an issue when using 0.9deg/step motors. 12V fans are probably more widely available and may be cheaper, but 24V ones are easy to get too.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 12, 2016 08:26AM
Im a totally noob on electronics, what would be the changes necesary to the duet board, etc to change the voltage?
January 12, 2016 08:56AM
Thorn666
Im a totally noob on electronics, what would be the changes necesary to the duet board, etc to change the voltage?

nothing to the board itself. All changes are on the effector

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2016 08:57AM by Sean.kennedy.
January 12, 2016 09:53AM
All the heater cartridges i found are 6mm diameter, but the one the fisher has its 5mm. Can anyone link me on ebay the heater cartridge and the aluminium block i need to use with the rest of the fisher parts, thanks. The duet can be connected to any voltage without changing any jumper or something?
January 12, 2016 11:16AM
I didn't realise that the Fisher uses a non-standard size heater cartridge. The Ormerod uses a 12V 5mm cartridge, so hopefully RepRapPro will be selling off stock of them soon.

The Duet will work from about 10 to 30V without adjustment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2016 11:21AM by dc42.

January 12, 2016 02:54PM
Replikeo have a 5mm 12v version. But with shipping to the uk it's about £14.34 [www.replikeo.com]
January 12, 2016 03:25PM
I see most of the heater cartridges are 6x20mm. I prefer to go to a more standard and cheap parts. Could this block be suitable to use with
The fisher and a new heater cartridge [www.ebay.es] ?
January 13, 2016 10:10AM
I'm thinking about getting a few spare parts. Is the hobbed insert the same on the Fisher as the Ormerod? Will these fit? [www.think3dprint3d.com] [www.robofun.ch] What about this Bowden start? [www.robofun.ch]

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2016 10:12AM by pixelseventy2.
January 18, 2016 08:51AM
Thorn666
I recently upgrade the carriage and i am in need of a new cartridge heater because i broke the legs trying to remove from the block. With the surprising closing of reprap uk, i wonder where could i find a 19v cartridge, that seems quite difficult to buy now. Can anyone tell me where to buy or how can i solve this? Thanks

You can find a replacement 5mm Fisher heater here - [www.emakershop.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login