Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRapPro closed down, but need a rod

Posted by ronnietucker 
RepRapPro closed down, but need a rod
January 20, 2016 11:55AM
Hi!

With RepRapPro now closed, is there anywhere else that sells the Fisher rods? One of mine broke. sad smiley

Thanks!
Ronnie
Re: RepRapPro closed down, but need a rod
January 20, 2016 05:36PM
There are a few printable versions on thingiverse.
January 21, 2016 06:26AM
ronnietucker
Hi!

With RepRapPro now closed, is there anywhere else that sells the Fisher rods? One of mine broke. sad smiley

Thanks!
Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

You might like to search the forum here for cabon fiber rods, there appears to be at least a batch of rods that are breaking for people. The carbon rods are quite easy to make and should even make the machine quieter to run.
January 21, 2016 10:14AM
If you PM me for my address and send me an S.A.E I'll send you an original unused Fisher rod from my reprap beta, I have some spare.
January 21, 2016 02:18PM
DADIY
ronnietucker
Hi!

Thanks!
Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

You might like to search the forum here for cabon fiber rods, there appears to be at least a batch of rods that are breaking for people. The carbon rods are quite easy to make and should even make the machine quieter to run.

If you really get yourself into a bind, I have a laser cutter at work that I could make you some, but may take a week to order acrylic. Your better off getting carbon fibre rods anyway, a rod to cut and the ends will run you £12.
January 21, 2016 07:04PM
The acrylic arms will always end in disappointment.... yeah, I've heard the official line that RRP had very few reports of broken arms, and yeah I appreciate that they are cheap, but, ultimately they are going to break, Carbon Arms is definitely the way to go
[forums.reprap.org]

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
January 22, 2016 08:50AM
Yeah just to add a +1 to the Carbon Arms role call. I ordered the rod and used Traxxus Ends - they work like a dream.
January 22, 2016 03:20PM
Definitely make some carbon arms Ronnie...

Carbon arms description of my make
January 23, 2016 03:53PM
Build some carbon fiber rods you be happy. I have not broken one rod since I made them. The first mod I made during my build. Also, if you have access to lowes or hobby lobby, home depot you can buy a sheet of acrylic and use one of your not broken rod and trace it and then just drill your holes and cut it out with a copling saw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2016 03:55PM by zaccom.
January 25, 2016 05:05AM
If you still have it there's also enough plastic around the original rods to make a few replacements by hand, I did this initially but they also broke or cracked.

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
January 29, 2016 07:35AM
Hello ronnietucker,

We have a few original style rods in stock, see here, as well as other items you may find useful.

eMAKER-blue-2.png

[emaker.io]

[emaker.limited]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login