Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wood and Bronze Filament

Posted by ByteSlinger 
Wood and Bronze Filament
January 23, 2016 06:57AM
Has anyone tried printing either bronze or wood filament with their Fisher? I'm very interested in trying out both.
Re: Wood and Bronze Filament
January 23, 2016 01:51PM
ByteSlinger
Has anyone tried printing either bronze or wood filament with their Fisher? I'm very interested in trying out both.

I've used woodfill filament before with great results, but never metal.
January 24, 2016 03:08AM
I've done both with no problem, in my case I set the temperatures near the top end of the manufacturers suggested range as I was printing quite fast. If you would like to try them , I would suggest getting a 5m/10m lengths of a few different filaments from www.globalfsd.com, generally they are in the range £/$/€ 1 to 5, that way you can see which ones you like best, and if if doesn't work you haven't lost much money.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2016 03:08AM by jmg123.
January 25, 2016 05:11AM
Might be worth checking that the filament you want to try doesn't wear out nozzles too quickly, I'm told that some filament like carbon fiber will wear the nozzle diameter quite quickly and the quick set nozzles are in short supply (although emakershop has some at the moment.)

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
January 28, 2016 08:17AM
DADIY
Might be worth checking that the filament you want to try doesn't wear out nozzles too quickly, I'm told that some filament like carbon fiber will wear the nozzle diameter quite quickly and the quick set nozzles are in short supply (although emakershop has some at the moment.)

I have heard this and thought it was a little worrying. I've just invested in a couple of spar nozzels from emakershop but seeing as I literally can't find anyone else manufacturing them I'm tempted to get a stash of a couple more. Do you think that's overkill if I'm only planning on occasionally printing in anything other than PLA?
January 29, 2016 03:30AM
I bought a spare and a couple of nuts as I suspect that they will get damaged removing them. Now I'm also thinking about getting a couple more spares. That said, if I wear out the current nozzle and need to switch to the new nozzle I think the first thing to print would be a new effector capable of holding a different hot end.

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login