Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Default Slic3r settings

Posted by ByteSlinger 
Default Slic3r settings
January 23, 2016 08:10AM
The robot model that comes with the Fisher for initial test printing, does anyone know what the slicer config settings were for that?
Re: Default Slic3r settings
January 23, 2016 08:17AM
Or alternatively, what are your recommended settings?
January 25, 2016 05:08AM
You can download the slic3r profile for the Fisher from the git hub site - [github.com]

Alternatively most slicers write comments in the .g (or .gcode) file which show which settings were used. For example with the robot.g file goto line 32125 and you'll see all the settings that were used and how much filament is needed.

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
January 28, 2016 08:19AM
DADIY
You can download the slic3r profile for the Fisher from the git hub site - [github.com]

Alternatively most slicers write comments in the .g (or .gcode) file which show which settings were used. For example with the robot.g file goto line 32125 and you'll see all the settings that were used and how much filament is needed.

Brilliant! Thanks. I actually found the git hub one later the night I posted this, I was coming back here today to post my finding. Thanks for the info anywhoo. Also interesting to know that I can see the .gcode using a slicer smiling smiley
January 30, 2016 05:24AM
I'm confused.
I'm also trying to use the git hub settings, because the on the second thing I printed once it was done, the hot end, plunged itself right down into the middle.
Rather than try and tinker myself, I thought it would be easier to use config settings someone else (who knows much more than me) has already worked out.

Problem I'm having is that none of the settings in the config file actually seem to have been implemented.

I can see that I'm using the "fisher.ini" setup in slic3r, but all the settings are the same as the default settings.
I've put a screenshot to show this (the filament in the setting file is at 1.73mm, but slicer is showing 3.

I followed the github instructions of downloading the zip file, but I'm confused, as to why none of the settings are applied.
anyone else had this or do I just have to go back to tinkering and sorting out all the settings by myself?
Attachments:
open | download - Capture.PNG (38.3 KB)
February 01, 2016 02:56AM
Sounds like you have a homing command (G28) in your custom g-code under printer settings.

If it helps this is what I use for -

Start Gcode:
; layer_height = [layer_height]
M83
T0
M116

End Gcode:
G91
G0 Z60 F4000
G90
G0 X0 Y0
T99

My Thingiverse Creations
October 06, 2016 06:16AM
DADIY

I'm not sure this config file loads into the latest version of Slic3r properly. I can see on the ini file that PLA diameter is 1.73mm but when you load Config into Slic3r, it shows 3mm and 0.5mm nozzle. Something isn't right here

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2016 06:22AM by AndyKay.
October 06, 2016 10:23AM
When you say latest version of Slic3r, as far as I know Slic3r has not been updated in over 1 year and the comment from the top of the ini file says -

# generated by Slic3r 1.2.9 on Mon Aug 17 16:18:32 2015

Just as a thought - after you do File -> Load Config, have you changed the dropdowns from Default to Fisher? And Default to PLA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2016 10:27AM by DADIY.

My Thingiverse Creations
November 19, 2016 06:23AM
Hi, I'm new to this lark, and I'm also having problems with using Slic3r and my fisher printer. It prints the robot without any problems but when I inport a .stl file to Slic3r and convert to G code, three problems arise: 1. The heater doesn't switch on 2. The arms move to one side of the bed and 3. It tries to build in just one plane vertically. I looked into the settings, and it has the bed as a square one (my fisher has a circular one) and the filament is set to 3mm with an extrusion of 0.5mm. Any suggestions would be more than welcome as I'm trying to prove to my accountant (wife) that it was worth the outlay. Cheers
November 19, 2016 11:55AM
Sorted (almost). I've changed the shape of the bed and that's fine, but now after a period of time it comes up with an AJAX error and stops the print job. I've touched nothing but it just wasted my afternoon. Any clever people out there?
November 19, 2016 01:18PM
An Ajax error will not of itself stop the print. Something has caused both. Suggestions:

1. Check that the screws on the VIN terminal block are tight.

2. If it happens again, run M122 and see whether the last reset time is before the print started or when the print stopped. If it is when the print stopped, also look at the last reset reason in the M122 report.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 11, 2016 02:02PM
Hi, sorry it's taken so long to get back, but it behaved ffor a while. It jsu gave me an AJAX error and according to M122
M122
Diagnostics
Used output buffers: 5 of 32 (7 max)
Platform Diagnostics:
Memory usage:
Program static ram used: 42036
Dynamic ram used: 42700
Recycled dynamic ram: 1280
Current stack ram used: 1648
Maximum stack ram used: 2504
Never used ram: 9784
Last reset 00:00:17 ago, cause: watchdog
Last software reset code & available RAM: 0x5003, 7612
Spinning module during software reset: GCodes
Error status: 0
Bed probe heights: 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000
Free file entries: 10
Longest block write time: 0.0ms
Slowest main loop (seconds): 0.002453; fastest: 0.000179
Move Diagnostics:
MaxReps: 0, StepErrors: 0
Heat Diagnostics:
GCodes Diagnostics:
Move available? no
Stack pointer: 0 of 5
Internal code queue is empty.
macro is idle
http is doing "M122"
telnet is idle
serial is idle
aux is idle
queue is idle
file is idle
Network Diagnostics:
Free connections: 14 of 16
Free transactions: 22 of 24
Webserver Diagnostics:
HTTP sessions: 1 of 8
FTP connections: 0, state 0
Telnet connections: 0, state 0

Any ideas?
Cheers
Dizzybear
December 11, 2016 04:49PM
So it was a watchdog reset. I will shortly be releasing firmware 1.17RC1 which provided more information when some types of watchdog reset happen, so I suggest you watch out for that and install it when it is available.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

December 12, 2016 06:45AM
Thanks for the prompt reply, I look forward to latest developments.

Cheers
Dizzybear
December 12, 2016 09:37AM
In the meantime, is there anything I can do to keep on printing? It's a very expensive paperweight at the momentsmiling smiley
December 12, 2016 04:24PM
If you are printing with a USB cable connecting the Duet to a PC, try printing without the USB cable, because it will transmit ground transients that can upset the electronics.

December 13, 2016 12:00PM
Hi again, I'm connected through an Ethernet cable, but I'll try to disconnect that and see what happens. Fingers crossed
December 13, 2016 05:42PM
The Ethernet cable does not cause the ground loop problems that the USB cable does.

RRF 1.17rc1 is now available. See my post in the Duet section of this forum.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login