Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prints warping

Posted by pixelseventy2 
Prints warping
March 01, 2016 04:33PM
Hi. Whenever I print a larger model, particularly one with a significant flat volume, they nearly always lift and warp at one or two edges. For example, this Raspberry Pi case, it lifted in one corner quite a bit. If I put a brim of 3mm on things like this, it doesn't lift as much, but it still does. Is there anything I can do besides adding an even larger brim?

Not sure if it's related, but how do people clean the buildtak bed?

Thanks
Re: Prints warping
March 02, 2016 07:53AM
pixelseventy2
Hi. Whenever I print a larger model, particularly one with a significant flat volume, they nearly always lift and warp at one or two edges. For example, this Raspberry Pi case, it lifted in one corner quite a bit. If I put a brim of 3mm on things like this, it doesn't lift as much, but it still does. Is there anything I can do besides adding an even larger brim?

Not sure if it's related, but how do people clean the buildtak bed?

Thanks

I have the same issue and I think it is temperature related i am in quite a cold room that has people walking through it regularly - Possibly try a screen around the printer to stop draughts etc. I have had some success with this so far although not 100%. I also use painters tape now and it is good at getting PLA to stick better to the bed (keeping it clean too)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2016 07:56AM by Caribou.
March 02, 2016 03:58PM
Thanks, Caribou. Printed again, this time with a 5mm brim and a cardboard screen around the printer, and it came out much better smiling smiley They have all warped on the side nearest the door, I think, so hopefully that is the issue.
March 02, 2016 04:42PM
I'm using the green painters tape and some hair spray. Too much hair spray and the prints cannot be easily removed. I also used a cardboard draft excluder for some prints.

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
March 27, 2016 02:57PM
3 words: Disposable Cardboard Buildplates

Okay a few more words: use the heavy duty kind. Thin cardboard will warp right along with the part.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login