Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

About USB connection

Posted by tavietbao 
About USB connection
March 18, 2016 02:01AM
Hello everyone,

Because now my ethernet doesn't work, so if I want to connect reprappro throught USB cable, what should I do?

Pls help.
Re: About USB connection
March 18, 2016 07:27PM
That's a good question... I've never even used the USB port on mine, but I don't think it's an interface as such like the ethernet port..

Possibly also the usb on the duet board I think might be specifically for flashing the firmware instead of controlling the board, so it is possible there is not an easy way to do it. When you say your ethernet does not work, are you sure it is the ethernet connection on the printer? or is there possibly another network issue you are having? ip address conflict perhaps?
March 19, 2016 04:54AM
See [reprappro.com] for how to do it. Those instructions are for RRP's Cartesian printers, so the commands and responses may be a little different on the Fisher.

Advice for using a USB connection, on any 3D printer:

1. Power the printer and the PC and nothing else from the same mains distribution block.

2. Use a USB cable with a ferrite bead on it.

These are to help prevent mains ground noise affecting the printer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2016 04:55AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 20, 2016 09:48PM
Hello Geoffro, When I said that my ethernet does not work, it means that I connected directly to the printer, not router, switch or something. the IP add from my computer is 192.168.1.99 and the printer is 192.168.1.14, but still destination host unreachable.

Hello dc42, I did like the website wrote, but when I use pronterface, it keep connecting forever, what should I do?
March 21, 2016 03:37AM
tavietbao
Hello dc42, I did like the website wrote, but when I use pronterface, it keep connecting forever, what should I do?

If using Windows, use Device Manager to check which COM port number you need to select. Try connecting with Arduino serial monitor and check that the SD card was read at startup, for example by sending M906 and checking that the motor currents are as set in config.g.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 21, 2016 03:56AM
Now about the COM port number, I have it COM port 4, when I using Arduino, type M906 it did not show anything, only blank, if you want i can sent you my team viewer to check what is the problem?
March 21, 2016 05:48AM
I'm using mine connected on a laptop, since I don't have a rj45 in the room, so the laptop is connected to the wifi.
I've tried a router/replicator as bridge but it was not working.

So, under windows, I had to configure my connection as a network bridge. At first the network was detecting the Fisher and the Fisher was working but the laptop was not accessing internet, but now it's working great.
March 22, 2016 03:25AM
I removed the internet too, but it is still not connect
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login