Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lighting setups

Posted by ByteSlinger 
Lighting setups
April 05, 2016 02:08PM
I quite often timelapse my prints and always like to visually monitor it whilst it's in progress.
I was just interested to see custom lighting rigs people have made for their Fishers to light the print as it goes.

Also, whilst on the topic, does anyone know of any spare ports on the Duet Board that just constantly spits out 5V?
Re: Lighting setups
April 05, 2016 04:35PM
You can get 5V from the expansion connector on the Duet. Pin 1 = 5V, pin 2 = Gnd.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 06, 2016 04:32AM
Once again you save the day! Thanks smiling smiley
April 06, 2016 11:25AM
I've been wanting to do this as I usually have a desk lamp pointed at the printer while in use as I like to watch eye popping smiley so having some lighting would be great, just have to find some 5V lighting now that would be suitable, I know Ikea have a USB lamp, but I'd prefer strip LEDs if I can get them.
April 06, 2016 02:44PM
geeksarebeta
I've been wanting to do this as I usually have a desk lamp pointed at the printer while in use as I like to watch eye popping smiley so having some lighting would be great, just have to find some 5V lighting now that would be suitable, I know Ikea have a USB lamp, but I'd prefer strip LEDs if I can get them.

I've ordered some self adhesive strip LEDs which I'm going to run up the inside of the sides of the black plastic front panel. Will post pics when up.
April 07, 2016 04:28AM
Was going to do as you suggest but found a couple of lamps at B&Q at a tenner each and put LED GU10 lamps in them. Runs nice & cool and does the job. Bought one at first but the two eliminates shadows. Have a mirror behind as well!
Attachments:
open | download - _20160407_092233.JPG (62.8 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login