Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lost network connection mid-print

Posted by ByteSlinger 
Lost network connection mid-print
April 06, 2016 06:24AM
I'm currently half way through a 14 hour print and the network GUI has lost connection:

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I've tried refreshing to no avail. The print is still going ahead but I'd really like to be able to monitor it on a print like this. Any suggestions?
Re: Lost network connection mid-print
April 06, 2016 06:43AM
I've found it's IP address by running an "arp -a" in cmd and back-tracking from the MAC address. It's showing up in the list so is active on the network but even typing in the IP address rather than the "machine name" doesn't connect. It just times out...
April 06, 2016 07:10AM
Ok, and now it's stopped showing up in the "arp -a" list at all. Tried swapping ethernet cables with no luck. I really don't want to stop the print as it's already been running for hours and it'll be a massive set-back. The print seems like it should continue all ok as it's running from the SD but I just don't like the idea of having no control. Also, I won't be able to retract at the end of the print as I have no control.

Hoping a power cycle will fix, otherwise I'm stumped.
April 06, 2016 12:58PM
Which version of the firmware are you running?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login