Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fisher heatbed

Posted by jmgiacalone 
Re: Fisher heatbed
November 14, 2016 10:31AM
I use this type of clip.

[www.wessexpictures.com]

Glass frame clip otherwise known as emo clips.

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
November 15, 2016 10:06AM
Update on heatbed: I've been using it regularly to print ABS and it's been faultless. Kaptop tape on the metal and a small amount of ABS Juice wiped over with a tissue makes the prints stick every time.

Very pleased with it. I think I'll give up on PLA!

One question: could I run the printer without the fan on? I notice M107 Gcode has no effect, so I'm thinking of just unplugging it. Will it be OK? At the moment the fan ducts are shaped in a way that tape wont stick easily.
November 15, 2016 10:36AM
You must use the fan to cool the hot end but the fan ducts could be changed to divert the air away from the part being printed. I've been thinking of modifying the original solid works file to do this for mine.

My Thingiverse Creations
November 15, 2016 12:10PM
I published my simple mod for the Fisher duct on Thingiverse this seals the standard part blower outlet and redirects the air sideways. It could certainly be improved but this should be enough to test the concept.

[www.thingiverse.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2016 04:10AM by DADIY.

My Thingiverse Creations
November 15, 2016 04:04PM
AndyKay
Update on heatbed: I've been using it regularly to print ABS and it's been faultless. Kaptop tape on the metal and a small amount of ABS Juice wiped over with a tissue makes the prints stick every time.

Very pleased with it. I think I'll give up on PLA!

One question: could I run the printer without the fan on? I notice M107 Gcode has no effect, so I'm thinking of just unplugging it. Will it be OK? At the moment the fan ducts are shaped in a way that tape wont stick easily.

Out of interest what retraction sand speed settings are you using. I'm finding the 80mm print and 50mm retraction is causing a lot of filament stripping. Doing some test prints with low retraction and so far no stripping but quality is poor.

My Thingiverse Creations
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login