First layer improvements? [pic]
July 28, 2016 11:59AM
I'm not sure if the photo is that clear but the first layer is always a bit, not thick as in depth wise, but thick as in 'width' like the head is too low and it squeezes out the the filament so it bundles up. On it's next layer it will make an awful noise as it's going over those raised bumps.

It only happens on the first layer. Maybe my Slic3r settings are wrong but I've tried various ones.
First layer thickness 0.2, 0.35, 150% all seem to produce the same first layer messiness. I also tried reducing the first layer speed to 50%, but now just use 70%

Any ideas?

On a side note, I read a tip from someone on here regarding a light amount of PVA glue on the bed to help first layer adhesion, and my word that is a great tip! I've mixed 50/50 with water and just rub my finger around the area before printing and have no sticking issues at all. Before this it was hit and miss, more often miss.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2016 12:04PM by AndyKay.
Re: First layer improvements? [pic]
July 29, 2016 10:09AM
Looks like your bed calibration is out as you are too close during the first layer. You can either play with your probing or cheat it (at least to prove it) In config.g you can adjust the offset for the probing with the command G31 X0 Y0 Z-0.2 P200

Increasing the Z-0.2 option will make the hot end start further away from the bed. The default value if I recall is Z-0.1 so I have increased mine to start further away from the bed as I run glass and stiffer springs.

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
July 31, 2016 06:08AM
You need to set the H parameters for the calibration probe positions, each position will have a different H value and they need setting individually.

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
August 01, 2016 09:41AM
So running 'G32' command a few times before each print doesn't do the calibration for me? I've only ever read the build PDF so not sure what the H parameters are or how you set them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login