Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't set up Fisher Delta

Posted by MikeGlen 
Can't set up Fisher Delta
August 29, 2016 12:25PM
I built my Fisher Delta from the kit, but can't get the web interface to work properly. I can send commands, like 'home all' and it goes through the motions, but doesn't say it's homed on completion. It doesn't report the position of the head or the height of the Z probe. If I send a G code, I don't get a response. It's like communication works one way only. With USB and the Arduino Serial Monitor I can send G codes and get a response. I have uploaded the firmware and corresponding SD image from the link in the building instructions and the firmware reports back as 1.11-ch. I'm running windows 10 / Firefox. Can anybody suggest what to try next?? Thanks.
Re: Can't set up Fisher Delta
August 30, 2016 02:59PM
Something of a tangent but are you using a fixed IP address or DHCP, i.e. is the setting in config.g
M552 P0.0.0.0 ; DHCP assigned

or something like

M552 P192.168.0.1 ; Fixed IP address

If its a fixed address in a DHCP environment is it using a reserved IP address on the router dedicated via the Fishers MAC address?

I have seen a situation before on a network where two devices had the same IP address on an internal network and it was a race as it which system got the IP packets first and whether you got a response.

As one one of the devices was the router itself it caused all sorts of weird intermittent faults.

If it is set up correctly it may be a firewall issue, only allowing packets through one way...
September 01, 2016 02:57PM
Hi Wanderer, I'm using DHCP, and in my router's DHCP Clients List I can see the reprapfisher with its own IP address. When I go to firewall in my router, it's not enabled, so doesn't look like that. I thought about following the instructions to connect the PC direct to the Fisher without the router and see what that does...
September 01, 2016 05:07PM
Are you sure that you are using compatible versions of RepRapFirmware and DuetWebControl? I've seen a similar issue when the versions were out of step.

RRF 1.11 is quite old now, we're up to 1.15 which works with DWC 1.12. The previous few versions of RRF used DWC 1.11.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 07, 2016 01:19PM
Thanks for this. I have updated the firmware to 1.15, which seemed to go OK and loaded corresponding SD image which has DWC 1.12. After I had edited config.g to the correct name of the printer, the web interface loaded, but now it won't connect to the printer at all! As before I can connect with USB and the M115 shows the firmware is correct, and the SD card is being read. The printer appears on my network, orange and green leds flashing etc, very frustrating...
September 07, 2016 03:50PM
What message do you get when you press the Connect button in the web interface?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

September 09, 2016 06:46PM
No message at all, the button does'nt respond. With previous firmware / SD image it turned green, connected and I could send commands ( but not receive responses.)
September 13, 2016 04:42AM
I suspect you don't have some of the correct DWC files. If in doubt, either use the zip file in the Release folder of my repo, or get the files direct from [github.com].

If you open the JavaScript debugging console by pressing control-shift-J in Chrome, you may find there has been a JavaScript exception.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login