Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does anybody know how to check firmware and DWC versions?

Posted by Neil Mudford 
Does anybody know how to check firmware and DWC versions?
September 20, 2016 08:10AM
I have a newish Fisher-Delta 3D printer which DWC is saying has ver 1.11 firmware but the SD image file says is 1.09c (Bundle 1_171015)

Secondly, does anybody know where to download the latest duet firmware & DWC versions from

Thirdly, is there a 'how to do it' out there on getting the latest versions installed on the printer?

Rgds,

Neil.
Re: Does anybody know how to check firmware and DWC versions?
September 20, 2016 09:22AM
The DWC and firmware versions listed on the Settings page of DWC are correct.

The two maintained forks of RepRapFirmware are my own, at [github.com], and chrishamm's fork. Upgrading the main firmware is easy. Just upload iap.bin through the Settings tab of DWC if it isn't already in /sys on your SD card, then upload the new RepRapFirmware.bin file the same way. DWC will ask you if you want to install it.

If you are decide to upgrade to the latest 1.15c release, you need to know the following:

1. If your PC runs Windows then you may need to install the device driver from the Drivers folder of my GitHub repo, because it no longer uses the Arduino Due drivers.

2. You will need to upgrade DWC to version 1.12.

3. The monitoring for heater faults is much more strict. You should auto tune your heaters to avoid spurious heater faults. See [duet3d.com].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2016 09:23AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 20, 2016 09:37AM
Thank you for your reply. I'm just off to see a play about Mandella this evening, so I'll look at the above information tomorrow

Rgds,

Neil.
September 20, 2016 03:56PM
@dc42

I'm guessing iap.bin does the firmware upgrade.

[github.com]
September 21, 2016 02:59AM
That's right. It's chrishamm that you have to thank for implementing over-the-net firmware upgrades, not me.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

September 22, 2016 05:18AM
Hi dc42, the problem I have is that the DWC opens and connects and I am able to send commands but I get no feedback to the DWC. My concern is that I can't monitor the Nozzle or bed temperature. I would like to see whats happening so I can adjust accordingly. I can connect via USB lead but would rather use the DWC as the interface is clear and understandable to my limited knowledge. Your help would be much appreciated.
September 22, 2016 07:44AM
Gary J
Hi dc42, the problem I have is that the DWC opens and connects and I am able to send commands but I get no feedback to the DWC. My concern is that I can't monitor the Nozzle or bed temperature. I would like to see whats happening so I can adjust accordingly. I can connect via USB lead but would rather use the DWC as the interface is clear and understandable to my limited knowledge. Your help would be much appreciated.

That normally means that the versions of RepRapFirmware and DWC are not compatible. One option is to upgrade both to the latest version. Another is to search the Duet and Ormerod forums for the release announcement for the version of RRF you are using, which will probably say which version of DWC is recommended for use with it.

September 22, 2016 08:55AM
@Gary J

After I upgraded firmware to dc42's 1.12 through bossac and copied DWC 1.12 to the SD card,
DWC was complaining communication error that prevented any operation.

Here is the link for emaker's git repository. [github.com]

Installation step I did:
- download emaker's git repository.
- delete all files in the SD card
- copy all files and directories according to the emaker's guide
- upgrade firmware to v1.11 using bossac
September 22, 2016 11:01AM
janpenguin
@Gary J

After I upgraded firmware to dc42's 1.12 through bossac and copied DWC 1.12 to the SD card,
DWC was complaining communication error that prevented any operation.

That's hardly surprising, because DWC 1.12 requires RRF 1.15.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login