Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Complete Novice - Please Help!

Posted by DessaBee 
Complete Novice - Please Help!
November 21, 2021 08:12AM
Hi All,
Can someone give me a step-by-step, absolute novice's guide to turning on/connecting my Fisher Delta to my laptop? I'm working with a macbook pro.

I inherited the machine from a friend of my parents. I know the machine is functional as I was given a full demo when I picked it up, but since getting it home I cannot make any sort of link to my laptop, and I can't actually tell if the machine has turned on (I was so excited when I got it that I forgot to listen out for what 'on' sounds like). The fan doesn't turn on and the nozzle doesnt heat up. The power pack is registering power, but am I missing something as simple as a switch on the machine itself?

I would be so, so appreciative if anybody could walk me through in absolute baby steps. I took a lot of notes on everything that happened after start up, but the start up in the demo was so quick and smooth that it didnt seem more complex than connecting all the wires (power, internet, connection to laptop) and opening up reprapfisher. My laptop cannot locate the machine and as I say, I dont think it's even turned on.

Here's to hoping someone here can help me out!
Thank you!
Re: Complete Novice - Please Help!
November 21, 2021 12:13PM
If you are connecting via USB then you will need to run a terminal emulator program on the macbook. Alternatively, connect it to your router using an Ethernet cable and then use your router administrator page to see what IP address is it using.

For more help, try posting at [forum.duet3d.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login