Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thermistors?

Posted by sawjam 
Thermistors?
April 10, 2011 07:12AM
Hi I've been battling on and off with a repstrap for the last year and a bit.

Suffering lots of comms problems, which I will eventually post about but finally got printing this weekend! Such a good feeling after so long BUT!

Comms issue still plagues me occasionally and I toasted my thermistor just 1 day after getting it printing (something that look like the stl file!).

So point of post is any info on where to pick these up? All the main electronic suppliers seem to hit you with large shipping costs, and also get the feeling when they state instock doesnt mean on shore!

Any help would be appreciated, I'm Wellington based.

Thanks
Re: Thermistors?
April 11, 2011 05:05AM
It is worth looking through the small print,

e.g. [newzealand.rs-online.com] is delivery free throughout NZ.

But yes, some times the stock has to come in from overseas. But I wasn't charged delivery when the thermistors came in from Sydney. It took a while as they lost track of the order in Auckland, but it was all resolved and I got the parts within 2 weeks

David
Re: Thermistors?
April 11, 2011 10:34PM
Thanks David

Decided to go for digi-key the post was mainly out of my frustration with getting it printing then through a school boy error trashing the thermistor and hoping they may be some on shore supplies!

(I've made a few errors along the way too, when the wiki say's check polarity of the power supply then take note! As this is also a cause for some frustration when traces get burnt off your circuit board, ah well all part of the fun!)

Post Note: Parts ordered from digikey came from the states in 4 days! very happy, lets not discuss the Carbon footprint!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2011 07:46PM by sawjam.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login