Spare small gear from GHA extruder?
April 30, 2012 05:29AM
Does anyone have a spare small gear from a Greg's Hinged Accessible Extruder they can sell me? Or... print me one and I'll pay for your materials/effort?

I can't print one myself because this is for my first printer, so I'm chicken-egged. The one I have is a poor print - one tooth is too small and also has a lump, so it's sticking.
Re: Spare small gear from GHA extruder?
April 30, 2012 05:56AM
What city are you in?
April 30, 2012 06:20AM
Welly.
April 30, 2012 06:27AM
Well I can send one from chch if you don't get a closer offer
May 01, 2012 08:22AM
PM me your address and ill send one up.
May 04, 2012 02:45AM
Hi,
I am in Wellington. If my memory serves me right I have one of these in my drawer at work already printed on an UP! printer in ABS and a really nice build.

Let me know if you want it ( I am out in the Hutt)

regards
Andrew
May 04, 2012 04:51AM
Thanks a lot for the offer, Andrew, but Dust has kindly popped one in the post for me already.

The UP! is a clean design - pretty slick! I'm (somwhat sacrilegiously on this forum) building an Ord Bot. It's currently the only Kiwi Ord Bot, but hopefully someone else will get one now that Inventables are carrying them.

Diecast dude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
> I am in Wellington. If my memory serves me right I
> have one of these in my drawer at work already
> printed on an UP! printer in ABS and a really nice
> build.
>
> Let me know if you want it ( I am out in the
> Hutt)
>
> regards
> Andrew
May 04, 2012 05:46AM
Actually I sent you two, just in case NZ post did their best to destroy it somehow! (as they seem to like to do)

It is PLA though, you may prefer ABS and its bright orange!
May 04, 2012 06:09AM
Thanks! The colour and material are no issue - it's just to get me up and running. I'll likely print a modified extruder that better fits the Ord, and I like herringbone gears. cool smiley

As to PLA, for now I'm not planning on using ABS. The printer is a toy for me and my kids, and I'm not keen on having a heated platform around the place (and chemical nastiness, albeit unproven).

Dust Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually I sent you two, just in case NZ post did
> their best to destroy it somehow! (as they seem
> to like to do)
>
> It is PLA though, you may prefer ABS and its
> bright orange!
May 04, 2012 06:19AM
I found ABS horrid... but I will be trying it again in a ventilated environment (one day) I'm not blinded with PLA, I know the material has limitations as does ABS.

As for heated platform, it will still be required for larger pieces even with PLA. I print on warm glass, that surface turns out ultra smooth and shiny. (its 60 degrees C, so its not that dangerous, the extruder nozzle at 170 it is worse )

Oh an Ord (I looked it up) Interesting choice. There are so many different types of 3d printer out there now!

You will have to let us know how it goes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2012 06:27AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login