Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dunedin Reprap

Posted by Psopho 
Dunedin Reprap
June 16, 2008 08:31PM
Hi,

I'm based in Dunedin, and quite interested in this whole project and keen to get involved.

What's the current state of the Reprap development in Dunedin?
Who's involved?
What needs to be done to move it through to completion?
Re: Dunedin Reprap
June 18, 2008 04:12AM
I'm probably the only one working in Dunedin working on a Reprap in any big way. I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of next month as I'll be giving a presentation as part of the Information Science/Computer Science Friday seminar series at Uni, probably at the start of August.

My machine is probably around 10 hours away from printing stuff and 20-30hrs of calibration from printing parts.

I've been stalled for a few months as I snapped one of the plastic parts and needed a replacement sent over from the UK. During that time I got more involved in developing the LiveCD and haven't done much since.
January 12, 2010 07:56PM
I am interested in getting involved in the REPRAP project.

I am an electronics engineer and can see lots of uses for such a machine.

How does one go about getting the parts and-or generally get involved?
January 17, 2010 08:46PM
Best to buzz Vik Olliver in Auckland, he gp usually forgetful, so you need to keep bugging him.
I live in Auckland, and am a member of the RoboNz group. i love robots so i'm building a RepStrap, but once i'm actually printing parts out, i'll be flogging Mendel parts off on TradeMe.
At some point Tim Carr from MindKits.co.nz will have an official inventory of Mendel bits for us Kiwis
April 27, 2011 05:35PM
We have a Mendel in the Dunedin Makerspace (www.dspace.org.nz) and are close to finishing a second - they're under a viral plastic license - you get free plastic provided you are willing to commit to printing 2 more sets for free if asked
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login