Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Odds and ends, nuts and bolts...

Posted by butterfinger 
Odds and ends, nuts and bolts...
August 29, 2012 05:03AM
This is such a lame problem! I have a fully built printer sat on my desk, and am now stumped on trivial nuts, bolts and springs to finish a Greg's Hinged Accessible Extruder. Can anyone recommend a place in Welly (or NZ online?) where I can source a bunch of M3/M4 nuts and bolts, and more frustratingly the two compression springs? Ideally, a physical store where I can browse.
Re: Odds and ends, nuts and bolts...
August 29, 2012 05:57AM
Miter 10 has nice long m3 bolts and Bunnings had suitable springs (two long, but they cut fine)

At least in Christchurch.
August 29, 2012 06:19AM
I've been to both, and did get some things but not everything. First time I went to Mitre 10 they at least had some 3mm stuff; next time they'd stopped! I will try both again though.

Really, it's just a few darned silly little screws and it's driving me crazy. Sourced a grand's worth of wierd and wonderful components from all over the world for this project, and can't find a few measly springs. confused smiley
August 29, 2012 06:36AM
Whare are you situated. Blacks fastners, Mainland fastners. If in CHCH I probably have some as I have just ordered ones for my build. I get mine from Mainland fastners but I have an account and get a large discount.
August 29, 2012 07:22AM
Mitre10 have just changed suppliers (at least the local one) They have switched to blacks fasteners.

You might need to find an obscure store that still has old stock.
August 30, 2012 05:20AM
Fortress Fasteners in Petone.
Found them online and haven't been there yet, but they have any size nut, bolt, rod, whatever. Though I suspect you may need to buy in bulk.
August 30, 2012 05:02PM
Blacks or Hylton Parker or any engineering bolt shop

Click here to login