Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's alive! Alive, I tell you!

Posted by butterfinger 
It's alive! Alive, I tell you!
April 24, 2013 08:32PM
Sorry. I just had to share. My printer finally printed something! Just in time for Makertorium, so I can feel like I belong. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Of course, I have plenty of calibration to do, but the damned thing is working.
Re: It's alive! Alive, I tell you!
April 25, 2013 05:35PM
Pictures?
May 01, 2013 05:08AM

May 01, 2013 06:12AM
Nice!
May 01, 2013 06:48AM
I'm very interested in the Ord Hadron - appears to be a very high quality build and not necessarily that expensive to buy the kit compared to acquiring all the parts for other printers. I'd be keen to know what your experience has been and how you sourced yours? Now that it's working, are you happy with it?
May 02, 2013 05:25AM
I was in the original pre-order group. All in it's cost me around $900, but to be honest I've little "free" time so haven't exactly shopped around for the cheapest options. I think it's possible to squeeze under $800 if you've the time to shop around.

There a Chinese company that sells the Hadron as a kit now, but I forget the name. The buildlog forums are where you'll find all of the info.

I really like MakerSlide and the Hadron. Makerslide yields a rock solid machine and the skate bearings with Delrin wheels make for a very very smooth motion. It can go really fast. Because you can route the cables through the frame you can end up with a very neat finished printer. You do have to think a little about your cable dressing, and it helps if you have access to a drill press to drill access holes.

I'm an engineer by training and an IT guy by profession. The quality of documentation and well thought out design interested me. There are detailed engineering drawings and bill of material information for every last item. That made a difference to my confidence level when building.

My controller is an Azteeg, partly because the vendor posts in the bulldog forums and is a helpful chap. It works well on the Hadron.

Any questions, give me a shout.

danz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm very interested in the Ord Hadron - appears to
> be a very high quality build and not necessarily
> that expensive to buy the kit compared to
> acquiring all the parts for other printers. I'd be
> keen to know what your experience has been and how
> you sourced yours? Now that it's working, are you
> happy with it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login