Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wellington Reprap presence

Posted by jimjimma 
Wellington Reprap presence
April 07, 2014 11:31PM
Hi Folks

I've intermittently posted in this group in the past but I don't think I'd ever really got around to introducing myself or my projects properly.
So, I've been working on a large T-Slot Tantillus variant christened 'Ingentis' (by Sublime) for quite a while now, its been working for quite some time and the design is constantly evolving but I thought you might like to see what's been happening in a basement in Wellington over the last year or two smiling smiley.
Here's a picture:

The machine has a build volume of about 280x280 by 200 at this stage but it's not using the Z axis very efficiently in the current build. Notable features include a belt driven Z axis and pre-beta E3d Kraken (quad nozzle water cooled hot end).
I'm developing a new bot at present - it will be a spiritual successor to Ingentis but with a more readily scalable xy axis and a much larger Z (like 800mm).

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2014 05:08AM by jimjimma.
Re: Wellington Reprap presence
April 08, 2014 01:30AM
Hiya,
looks great, will the new one have to have a heated build chamber to achieve 800mm Z height?
April 08, 2014 06:20PM
Thanks Zerker. Yes, the new bot will have a fully enclosed dibond chamber. Ingentis does too, I just have the panels off at present while I'm tinkering smiling smiley.
April 11, 2014 06:49AM
Where did you source the t slot from and approximately how much was it? Tough stuff to find in NZ
April 12, 2014 06:48AM
tomas02
Where did you source the t slot from and approximately how much was it? Tough stuff to find in NZ

From China, like most of the stuff I use : [www.aliexpress.com]
June 22, 2014 07:55PM
Hi all,

Following on from the intro by JimJimma..

Live on Kapiti Coast, work in Wgtn CBD.

Been up and running for several months now with a self sourced parts Mendel90 (sturdy) build, running a J-Head Mk5 1.75mm -> 0.3mm.

Acrylic sheet for base and gantry components - Classique Plastics (Trademe)
Most of the vitamins from MakerShop (smooth rod, nuts and bolts, belts and pulleys, etc)
Filament - Diamond Age..and from what I hear, you couldn't get better anywhere else.
Electronics, hotend...in fact everything else - eBay

Recent addition of the G3D LCD + SD Card unit direct from G3D. Thinking of dropping one of my Raspberry Pi in to use OctoPrint for over-the-interweb print monitoring, but that would be purely for interests sake.

Got enough parts and materials to make another one, which I may gear up for ABS printing...but after I have finished a couple of other projects. (http://justcheckinm8.blogspot.co.nz/)

Cheers.
June 24, 2014 07:54AM
Hi all
Have recently finished an own design prusa/mendel 90 derivative here [forums.reprap.org]
Doing plenty of printing but would like to get better at configuring Slic3r. So far only printing with PLA but need to start using ABS and may even higher temp materials. Haven't started using support structures yet and am only running one extruder. Am pretty familiar with solidworks but not any of the more freestyle programmes like Maya or blender etc.
I have a fairly comprehensive workshop so this is another tool, however it is being really useful.
Rod
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login