rostock delta robot

Posted by Alizier21 
Re: rostock delta robot
November 03, 2012 06:53AM
other rostock, italian rostock..

3dita rostock
February 15, 2013 09:34PM
i dont know if this will post here or not, but i am offering people free cnc machine access to build two rostocks... or more... anyone interested in starting this.. goto my website www.routercut dot com and visit the project page.. give me a bell... smiling smiley
May 02, 2013 07:53AM
Hi Dust / MikeP

Cool to see there's a couple more of these in NZ - I imported a complete kit a month ago and just finished building it. Having some issues getting it to run with my mac though...

Will let you know when I'm up and running.

- Ben
If there is anyone in wellington wanting to build one (or more) of these, I can offer FREE cnc milling and lasercutting, as well as access to all materials, including HMWPE for the univerdsal joints (my own design, which I have already begun).
The only catch is we have to build 2 ! - one for you and one for me smiling smiley
Send an email to me at routercut at clear dot net dot nz, check out thee website routercut dot com for a brief on what we do. I'd love to finish mine, but have no free time. Call in and check out our workshop, learn something along the way, but best of all, lets make some custom cheap rostocks!

Best of all, you/we can design our own framework, and have it created professionally hot off a cnc or laser machine!
Also welcome a group effort on this, but much better if you are local and can call in to our workshop in Seaview, and hands on develop this further, but I don't mind if someone wants to organise a larger group effort with out of town contributors...

All the best... Tony
July 09, 2013 07:24AM
Started printing my first few rostock parts tonight.
Pleased to see others are well underway.

Scratch built medel90
0.38 home built hotend
ramps 1.3
repetier host
slicer

Alexandra, Central Otago
August 25, 2013 04:04AM
Good to see lots more activity in the NZ region since I last checked in about 4 years ago.
I have my own design of controller circuitboard based around an ST Microelectronics ARM-M3 processor. I let the project lie for around 4 years after developing the circuitboard but I'm back now. My original design used M6 threads on the horizontal axis but it proved too slow once I got some proper stepper motors and put in some line and circle drawing algorithms.

I ordered some rostock plastic parts from the states and changed the arms to M3 threaded rod with swivel joint arms. It's currenty homing, moving accurately and I'm about to start implementing the gcodes used by slicer. I'm using t5 belt and pulleys from Vik in Auckland.

I'm using stainless steel 8mm rods and linear bearings but the bearings have too much slop, I'll have to upgrade them before doing any serious prints. The rods have some resonance if I set it to printing small circles so I may have to upgrade them... else slic3r has an option to send slower gcode speed for the small stuff.

The history on my project is at [grael-minifactory.blogspot.co.nz]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login