Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SC8UU & SC10UU linear bearing blocks

Posted by Wired1 
SC8UU & SC10UU linear bearing blocks
September 10, 2012 05:17AM
Anyone here used these on a reprap? [www.aliexpress.com] looks like an easy carriage build and they aren't all that expensive.
Might have to design some x-ends to use them too.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
Re: SC8UU & SC10UU linear bearing blocks
September 10, 2012 03:45PM
At $2.75/piece (USD, qty 12) including shipping, they are a bit more expensive than Chinese LM8UU's. There's no reason you couldn't use them, especially for the Y axis. It would make for an easy Y axis build, and could work well with the Z axis too. The only issue with the X axis carriage is that the SC8UU's are fairly wide, which is going to limit space for the hotend. This may not be an issue with narrower hotends such as the J-Head, but could be problematic for the Acrol.hu type hotends, unless you made the carriage wider.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2012 03:45PM by NewPerfection.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
September 10, 2012 03:54PM
Yes I did eventually look them up on Aliexpress too and have saved a few options. They do look easy for the Y-axis but I'll probably stick with LM10UU's for the Z and LM8UU's for the X. Just wondering if anyone had used them before.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
May 29, 2013 10:14AM
I am interested in SC10UU bearings...
Is there an advantage to using these bearings with an Aluminium framed i3 ?
May 29, 2013 05:55PM
I'm using graphite impregnated nylon bushes at the mo which have been successful. I do, however, like the idea of going the "LM" route but hear so many conflicting reports about them - dunno what to do to be honest confused smiley
May 29, 2013 08:06PM
I have lm8uu

They are louder than bushes, as you have a number ball bearing moving in them. And you have to lubricate them.

Lm8uu also seem to have more movement in them. So its good if your machine is a fraction out, but bad as belt ringing is transfered to your print (this on is just my own thoughts of what seem to be happening.)
August 25, 2013 04:20AM
I've got some linear (ball) bearings on my delta at the moment and they are the noisest part of the machine by far. Go plastic!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login