Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another Reprapper!

Posted by waitaki 
Another Reprapper!
November 12, 2012 12:41AM
Hi Guys,
Greetings from the Waitaki Valley (well, the Oamaru bit anyway).
To be honest, I'd never heard of Reprap until about 6 weeks ago but having discovered it, I'm well into it now cool smiley. Odd thing is, I don't know how I came to stumble upon it in the first place - that's Google for ya!
Anyway, Vik Olliver kindly donated some unwanted parts and printed up the the x ends which I ordered to get things going. I have fabricated other bits from MDF, including the frame "triangles", Z motor mounts, Y motor etc until such time as I can print parts. Actually, the MDF frames have yielded such a solid and stable unit I will leave them permanent. Gonna etch a Ramps PCB today while waiting for motors etc to arrive. Lots to do yet I reckon!

Cheers guys,
AL
Re: Another Reprapper!
November 12, 2012 03:09AM
Welcome to the nut house- gotta see this repstrapper, can you post a photo? (you have to upload them to photobucket or similar then link them to here with the "insert image" button above.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
November 12, 2012 05:14AM
OK, sure, will have a go at uploading tomorrow. And thanks for the welcome - another nutcase on board!

Cheers
November 12, 2012 02:23PM
It happens to the best of us! Welcome aboard smileys with beer
November 13, 2012 12:25AM
Hi Guys,
I've attached a couple of pics of where I'm at with the build currently. Still plenty to go yet but hopefully more bits will arrive soon.
Attachments:
open | download - Repstrap1.jpg (364.1 KB)
open | download - Repstrap3.jpg (483.3 KB)
November 13, 2012 01:25AM
Hmm not bad and I'm a joiner so should know. Looks good lets hope it goes good too. I have a Sells mendel and did build several Prusa's or should that be Prusi? But I sold them all and at the moment don't have much spare time to play since moving from Nelson to Chch for work

November 13, 2012 01:57AM
That's a great looking printer, makes me think it would be neat to make out out of rimu and oil it up smiling smiley or drift wood?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
November 13, 2012 04:04AM
Looking good!!!

Was that CNC cut or by hand? If you did it by hand I must complement you on your skill... smileys with beer

waitaki Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Guys,
> I've attached a couple of pics of
> where I'm at with the build currently. Still
> plenty to go yet but hopefully more bits will
> arrive soon.

Protoneer.co.nz - Blog - [blog.Protoneer.co.nz]
Protoneer.co.nz - Shop - [shop.Protoneer.co.nz]
November 13, 2012 04:58AM
Thanks for the comments guys, I just hope it all works at the end of the day!
Bert,no CNC machine sadly. I actually started it a different shape but gradually changed it to what I thought looked right. I have 2 routers so making it wasn't too tricky. I already have ideas for another style of frame but I don't wanna get ahead of myself!

Nice ideas Wired, maybe knock one up out of an an old pallet, although,,, my dining tables' got a nice finish..mmm, I wonder...where's my saw??
November 13, 2012 04:31PM
Rusted iron? Old plough parts? I can see I'm going to have to build a steam punk one now smiling smiley

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
November 14, 2012 01:29AM
Well, I live in the home of steampunk so maybe that's a good idea. We could build a giant Reprap, about 10 metres high with filament as thick as a ships' rope and stepper motors made from a container ships engines. Gotta be done!>grinning smiley<
November 14, 2012 02:33AM
I went through Oamaru at Easter on the way to the VW nationals in Dunedin - I wish I'd had more time but I must have taken 100 photos.

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
November 14, 2012 04:06AM
Nice setup . .nice work on the wooden frames . .hmmmm . .steampunk . .that will work well with the color ramps board i have . .

@waitaki. . Have you sourced your heated bed yet? I did aprototyping of the mk3 from thingiverse and will donate it to you for free . .shipping will be on you though ..

Pm me if you are interested . .
November 20, 2012 04:25AM
I guess you've all seen this? pretty neat... [www.youtube.com]

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
November 20, 2012 07:35PM
I want it!
November 20, 2012 10:11PM
Be a great way to get rid of all those white ABS photocopier bodies and whiteware.

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
November 22, 2012 03:37AM
Make that 3 of us... tongue sticking out smiley

waitaki Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want it!

Protoneer.co.nz - Blog - [blog.Protoneer.co.nz]
Protoneer.co.nz - Shop - [shop.Protoneer.co.nz]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login