Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can anyone in ChCh help us out with a little fillament for the weekend ???

Posted by pouakai 
Can anyone in ChCh help us out with a little fillament for the weekend ???
May 02, 2013 07:35AM
My daughter and I have just tonight completed the construction of a Prusa i3 for her school 'father daughter' project, Vik has dispatched the needed fillament but there is a chance it wont make here in time for testing over weekend. It would be much better if she could return to school next week with something to show for our project.
Is anyone in the Christchurch community willing to sell us a few meters of 3mm PLA any color so we can play over the weekend on the off chance that the order from Vik hasn't arrived Saturday morning ?

Cheers all,
P
Re: Can anyone in ChCh help us out with a little fillament for the weekend ???
May 03, 2013 02:15AM
I should be able to help.

I have a bunch off 'offcuts' all 3mm PLA from Vik.

Sell?? I was going to give it away..

Bryndwr region.
May 05, 2013 09:00AM
How goes the green fillament?
May 05, 2013 03:51PM
Still fiddling with setup so nothing printed yet but will have another session tonight. My filament not yet arrived so many thanks !
May 07, 2013 07:22AM
Fired up the i3 tonight - mixed success: Stuff turns on and moves, but our instructions missed a detail wrt the x stop and we had a wee crash there! Home buttons all send stuff in the right direction as do the Z and Y tickles, but the X seems to be reversed even though home moves toward the end stop ie. right moves left & vv

Also it seems to memorise where is hits the end stops the first time and wont move past that point even if the end stop is moved. Is this some standard behavior I dont yet understand ? How to clear that memory and recalibrate the endstop points ?
tis a Prusa i3(makerfarm variant) with Ramps and Pronterface.

Cheers,
P
May 07, 2013 06:23PM
Yes the bed dimensions are set in Marlin or whatever firmware you are running so it won't go past the limit switch. Press reset on the electronic board and try again. X and Y limit switches are not critical so you can set them with the power off just by ear with the micro switch click. Set Z high to start with and lower it to get closer to the bed. You guys have a great little 3D community down there in Chch.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login