Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone interested in Astrosyn stepper dampers?

Posted by Lenbok 
Anyone interested in Astrosyn stepper dampers?
September 16, 2014 09:38PM
I have read good things about these dampers for reducing stepper motor noise: [astrosyn.com]

I plan to order some for a rostock I'm building and possibly to retrofit onto my Mendel90 Y/X. Minimum order quantity is 10 and between a friend and I we have that sorted. I emailed about postage and P&H to NZ cost 18 pounds, so the total per damper is about ~NZD$9. However, we can get up to 25 pieces before the shipping increases (which would work out at ~NZD$7 per damper), so I thought I would see if anyone else in NZ is interested in going in on the order. I'm not in it to make money, so cost would be whatever it cost plus any within-NZ postage (and I'm happy if anyone wants to pick up from me in Hamilton).

They are currently out of stock but expect them back in within the next few weeks, so if anyone is interested, let me know within the next three weeks.

Cheers,
Len.
Re: Anyone interested in Astrosyn stepper dampers?
September 17, 2014 05:43AM
Is Youshop an option?
September 17, 2014 06:15AM
I hadn't thought of that, but having looked into it I'm not sure it makes things that much cheaper. The main thing is that if delivering to a UK address the dampers would then be liable for 20% VAT so ~NZD$6.6 each plus the youshop forwarding fee of >=NZD$17.25 puts them roughly NZD$8.30 each for the minimum order of 10, and even assuming no shipping increase for 25 they'd still be ~NZD$7.30 each.
September 18, 2014 01:53AM
I'd be interested in 4 if you go ahead with this.
September 19, 2014 05:08PM
BTW, I will PM anyone who expresses an interest (either in the thread or directly to me) in a couple of weeks or so when I am about to order, to confirm interest and numbers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login