Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I3 printed parts wanted, please smiling smiley

Posted by tim_kberg 
I3 printed parts wanted, please smiling smiley
December 16, 2014 03:56AM
Hi all,

Looking to source the printed parts for the rework i3 (as per my other thread)- anyone willing to help out and print before New Years?

Otherwise will source from www.replikeo.com- should cost around $55 to send here.

Many thanks

Tim
Re: I3 printed parts wanted, please smiling smiley
December 19, 2014 12:37AM
Went with the parts from Relikeo.com- will post how they turned out.

Having a look at the pics, I dont see any y-carriage mounting brackets for the LM8UU bearings- the rework kit they supply has slots cut into the aluminium/ steel/ plexiglass bed so its not needed.

Any kind souls willing to print ( and be paid for) 3 carriage holders similar to this www.thingiverse.com?

Cheers
December 19, 2014 05:28AM
When you say similar, you mean exactly like in the graphic (the split ones)?

December 19, 2014 02:49PM
If they are printing that piece, yes smiling smiley If they know of another design that they prefer but does the same job, they can print that instead grinning smiley

Ultimately, I just need something to hold the bed on the bearings. That was the first piece I could find that looked like it would do the job and still be simple.

There are a plethora of lm8uu holders out there
www.thingiverse.com
www.thingiverse.com

After some trawling, I actually quite like this design- its also a split holder, but the split is underneath, so tightening the screws will clamp on the bearing.
www.thingiverse.com

So to change my tune, if someone is going to print a holder for me, can they please print this one- unless they have a better recommendation smiling bouncing smiley

Many thanks

Tim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2014 02:49PM by tim_kberg.
December 19, 2014 05:07PM
I could gift them to you if you wanna cover the postage - it's such a small job. I don't have an i3 so not too familiar with them but the 2nd pic on their website seems to show some sort of bearing holder? Pity one of the i3 guys couldn't chime in and identify those bits you bought.

Alan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2014 05:07PM by waitaki.

December 19, 2014 09:23PM
That would be great thanks. Will need 3.

This is what they are needed for (taken from i3 build >> y-axis). They arent exactly the same but get the job done just as well.

*underside of bed*

Will PM you my address, and let me know what it will take for postage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2014 09:31PM by tim_kberg.
December 19, 2014 10:55PM
Ok, cool. You can suggest other carriers if you like but NZ post would be $2.70 according to their website. Or, more if tracked or couriered.

December 21, 2014 03:14AM
That sounds good to me.

Let me know how to get it to you
December 24, 2014 05:37AM
Parts have arrived, nice quality smiling smiley cheers Waitaki, now to wait for the rest of it to come.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login