Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

offer: lasercutting co-op

Posted by tony 
offer: lasercutting co-op
September 08, 2010 07:00AM
Hello all, I have heard and read alot about these machines, and would like to build one to continue
the development of a new type of very hi-res. extruder design I have in mind.
I am in the CNC and electronic engineering fields & I simply do not have enough free time to research and develop the basic build,
and would rather develop the better new extruder.

I am willing to offer lasercutting or machining including materials of parts required. (no charge, ie free!)
In exchange for the co-operative build of two machines. (one for me, one for you!).
I am based in Lower Hutt, Wellington, and although extremely convenient (R&D wise) if you are local,
I see no great issues to work with someone elsewhere in NZ.

If you, or you know of someone who is interested, send me an email:
r o u t e r c u t @ p a r a d i s e . n e t . n z

no spaces in above (hopeful spam bot deceiver)

Please note, only genuine enquiries, someone who is competant in all aspects of
construction/assembly/electronics/etc, but hasnt got the $ for the lasercutting
and associated materials, etc. (you still need to obtain motors, uP, electronics etc)..

I have just found and downloaded some eps files from ponoko, to get an idea of whats involved,
but the cutting lines/vectors seem to be in a very rough state.. these lines are very jagged and irregular,
& hard to imagine anyone having any sucess assembling from these.
Have you created, or can you obtain better quality cutting files?

I have lasercut a few similar versions of these machines in the past, but cannot use the files, even though
the design and development of the reprap seems to be in the public domain, I will respect our company policy
and my customers privacy & ownership of their design data.

many thanks,
look forward to hearing from you smiling smiley

Tony
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login