Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nelson RepRap

Posted by NelsonRap 
Nelson RepRap
December 12, 2010 06:51PM
I'm looking at putting a Mendel together sometime soon either from Botmill or Mendel parts however neither seem to want to answer their emails at the moment just trying to find out shipping costs.

Has anyone imported from either of these and know what the import tax would be?
Re: Nelson RepRap
December 12, 2010 10:12PM
I guess not with 20 views and no replies

December 12, 2010 10:47PM
Don't count on views. They could be (like me) non New Zealanders (I'm in Australia), or they could be search bots indexing the site.

I'd suggest wait a day or two. Many people only get on here after work.
December 12, 2010 10:52PM
Ok Thanks

December 13, 2010 12:02AM
Hi,
Probably of very little help but for waht it is worth I purchased $577.40NZD of electronics from Makerbot in the USA, got a customs bill for $59.63NZD I had to pay before they released the parts.
December 13, 2010 03:26PM
The current rule (as I read from www.customs.govt.nz), is that customs will not collect if the the total duty to be paid is less than $60NZD, but other wish the charges would be:

0% duty on the printer
15% GST
$25.30 Import Handling fee (May be charged).
$12.77 MAF clearence fee

(So basically if it is worth less than $250NSD then you might not need to pay any fees).

I got a bill with some new Lego I brought into the country, but the printer electronics got in no problem. It does depend on what the shipper declare that it worth. as the value is the cost of the good, plus shipping fees, plus insurance.

i.e. GST is calculated on the total of Item Value, Shipping and Insurance and the Duty.

Hope that helps in your calculations

David
December 13, 2010 06:50PM
Yes it does thanks. A complete Mendel from Mendel-Parts comes in around $1350NZ with shipping as opposed to Botmill where its almost $2000NZ

December 13, 2010 07:59PM
Mendel-Parts has timing issues on shipping at the moment. I believe they are working on it. From the front page on the website, I believe they want people to hold off ordering for the moment.
December 14, 2010 01:01AM
Nelson,

http://reprap.org/wiki/What_Tooling_Do_You_Havesmiling bouncing smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
December 14, 2010 02:58AM
I saw that too pity as I was all ready to order one. The Botmill price is too expensive for me to consider

December 17, 2010 05:16PM
There is a few people around that have repraps, and I would be happy to send you parts, though my 3d printer is far from built, sorry.

Grael I think lives in Welly, maybe you could contact him, or Vik when he returnes from his holiday in the UK.
December 20, 2010 07:42PM
Just ordered a Mendel from Mendel-parts as don't have the inclination at this stage to build from scratch. Should see it by end of Jan I would hope

December 20, 2010 10:01PM
don't have the inclination at this stage to build from scratch

No worries, it's not compulsory.smiling bouncing smiley

Let me know if you need a RUG done up for your area.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
December 20, 2010 10:07PM
Ah. (After re-reading what forum this is.) grinning smiley

We've got a nice wiki page here:
http://reprap.org/wiki/RUG/New_Zealand

Do have a go at making it more lived-in and perfect.

December 20, 2010 11:29PM
Gulp, that is going to cost quite a bit, personally i'd maybe get the extruder bits, if you didn't want to find a local CNC to make them for you.

Honestly i'm working as fast as I can to get mine done, just so many people want parts.

So when you've got yours built and calibrated, there is a queue waiting
smiling smiley cool smiley
April 08, 2011 05:09AM
Finally got my kit and am franticly building it up, hope to have it up and running by the end of next week, although will still need to calibrate and make some test pieces to make sure everything is working properly.

July 04, 2011 05:27PM
I can now announce that I have a fully working Mendel here in Nelson and I am getting some excellent results with help from these forums and IRC.

If anyone's interested in seeing it working PM me and arrange a visit

Gary

Click here to login