Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NZ source of 5mm drive belts wanted

Posted by NelsonRap 
NZ source of 5mm drive belts wanted
May 11, 2011 02:29AM
Has anyone found a New Zealand supplier of 5mm pitch 5mm wide drive belts for RepRap mendels?

May 14, 2011 06:25AM
Wilson Bros Ltd Christchurch NZ - Timing belt: t5-840-5 ($15.39 ex GST for Prusa Mendel) , t5-1380-5 ($23.95 ex GST for both Mendels) (prices are from when I got mine about 4 months ago)

I am using these presently, they had to order them in, but it was next day courier

There is a Wilson Bros in Nelson according to [www.wilsonbros.co.nz]
They should be able to help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2011 09:41AM by Dust.
Re: NZ source of 5mm drive belts wanted
May 14, 2011 03:44PM
I went to Wilsons this last week and they called there suppliers who told them they can get the 2 shorter belts but not the 1380m one. I can get that one from Australia but only in 6mm which would work. I have been tracking down local suppliers with the idea of building a second Mendel or maybe a Prusa

May 16, 2011 05:00PM
I suspect you have found some incompetence in the Nelson branch.

I Just went to Wilson Bros Christchurch yesterday and ordered both belts for a second Prusa I'm building
They arrived today, no issues, same price as last time (prices exclude GST). (So its $45.24 all up)
Give you local branch a call, and get them to talk to the Annex Road branch and find out where they get them from to order them.

And Good luck.

If that doesn't work, PM me and I will arrange to send you them from Christchurch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2011 05:02PM by Dust.
Re: NZ source of 5mm drive belts wanted
May 16, 2011 07:01PM
They could get me the 2 small belts but said the 1380 belt they could not get. It's ok I just wanted to make sure I could get spares locally if I broke one. Currently finishing off a full set of mendel bits then i going to print a set of Prusa parts so that I can make one of those since they use less stuff

May 17, 2011 04:39AM
I couldn't be bothered the wandering around, and ordered them from RS components, which the NZ site imported from Australia/UK.

It is expensive, So if any locals have tried printing a chain, this I reckon would be a better option. It's on my list of things to try once my RepRap is calibrated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login